ForumsArt, Music, and WritingLiterature Fight!

402 63774
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Yay for literature!

Teams: In this competition we will start with 2 teams of 8. Everyone will write about a subject. I will then judge each entry. When your team loses you vote off 2 people from your team.
Scoring: I judge on a scale from 1 to 10. After all scores are added up, the team with the lower score will lose. I will show all individual scores.
The Literature Games: Once 8 people are left in the competition, you fight 1v1v1v1, in a huge arena. I will give you a basic description of the arena, and then you write about killing all the competitors in the arena. You get to choose 1 weapon to start with. This is called the Literature Games (Yes like the hunger games.) One person will survive, then you fight the winner of the other Games.
The Finale: You fight 1v1 with special powers and again one weapon of choice. Both entries are mutated so that it takes very much to kill. You will have to write about that. You also have to write about training, which is 3 days long. Again you will fight in an arena, which will be given to you.

Note:[b] You will be given this information again when the round comes

[b]Note:
The whole thing is writing. No pictures, and by fighting to the death I mean writing about fighting to the death. By training I mean writing about training, etc.
I know pretty obvious, so don't ask about it.

Note: Each round can only be so long. I will wait for you to finish, but if you take too long you will automatically be eliminated. If you know you will take long, please notify me.

[i]Note: You will be given updates all throughout the competition by me, so please do not close your messenger.

Remember just 16 participants, 8 on each team.

• 402 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

That was.....punerrific!

But hey! Maybe now after a couple of rounds, we can shorten the deadline by a smidgen? It took us 31 pages to finish one match... ;_;

slayguy8
slayguy8
718 posts
Peasant

i got voted out...

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Not bad, not bad...Xverb and I shared 2nd place in Team 1... Not bad at all... Congrats to Parsat by the way! Pullin' through for us!

I think third, cuz I got a 9.1 . . . .

Team 1 did superawesome^2. Go team~
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

So how's the contest pulling?

XSilentPhantomX
XSilentPhantomX
715 posts
Nomad

very well by the looks of it, with the occasional downer.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I think third, cuz I got a 9.1 . . . .

D'oh!

Hmm...in regards to voting....it's not necessarily imperative that you vote someone out because they received the lesser score. If this is anything like Survivor where we eventually stand alone in a fight, then it should be the opposite, where we vote for the strongest, because they will keep taking the immunity.

Then there's the idea that maybe the one who received the lesser score just didn't like the theme and performed under-par because of it. It shouldn't be mutiny over the guys with the lowest scores Of course, teams wanna win, so maybe later on
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Well done Ryann, I thought your story was wickedd!

So does this mean I'm out because I didn't submit anything, or am I still in, cause... if it's allowed, I'll say, but if not... Oh woe.. D:

For the record, my excuse is that I've been writing my Personal Statement and numerous English Literature and Biology reports for weeks and weeks. Excuses, excuses.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

School over AG...I'd say that's a fair excuse.

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

I did manage to write half of my story but I never finished it.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Since you actually responded, yeah sure, but you have to be on team 2, since they started down a player. Which makes you the decisive vote between slayguy and zaork!

Slayguy's story: Page 13, score of: 6.5

Zaork's story:
Page 24, score of: 7.3

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

I dun wanna be on Team 2! *whines*

What'm I doing? Choosing who to kick out? I feel like the last judge to vote on X-Factor...
I'll go vote now..

slayguy8
slayguy8
718 posts
Peasant

can i be judje now?

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hey...I haven't even voted? I still have a vote right?

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

If I were on Team 2, I would want to keep Zaork, because he's a fantastic poet. No offense to slayguy, I just know Zaork's skills more and he's good.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I dun wanna be on Team 2! *whines*
We'll miss you! Sorry you can't come over to the team clubhouse for meetings anymore. Pizza's on Alt!

In all seriousness, we should do more team things. I hardly know who's on my team, let alone what it means.
Showing 316-330 of 402