Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Words and Workings of Wolf

Posted Sep 29, '10 at 7:58pm

Oradnal

Oradnal

50 posts

You are a very good writer, I like the fact you dont use dirt basic words, our student teacher when doing poetry always uses basic words.

Im not very good at poetry, so it may not mean much but i couldnt really find a flaw in it.

Posted Sep 30, '10 at 3:51pm

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,557 posts

You are a very good writer, I like the fact you dont use dirt basic words, our student teacher when doing poetry always uses basic words.

Basic words have their time and place. I have a vast vocabulary from the number of books I have read. While I try to create differences in my writing I often revert to the same style and themes from time to time. Much of my work refers to a darker human nature, nature, or social commentary. I have a terrible tendancy to write snippits that never go anywhere, but are interesting to read.

Posted Oct 1, '10 at 4:36am

Efan

Efan

3,164 posts

I have a terrible tendancy to write snippits that never go anywhere, but are interesting to read.

perhaps you should create a book of short stories?

Posted Oct 1, '10 at 6:57pm

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,557 posts

Another moment of inspiration. I'm currently editing Break.

You know you've been here before. This same grey hallway, this same white tiled floor. Yeah, you've been here before. You keep wondering if you're doing the right thing, if anything you do is the right thing. Friend, I'm going to be honest, your choices don't matter; there is no right or wrong. There's just what you've done and what you've still left to do. Yeah, this is life, and yeah, it's not easy. But my friend, can I call you friend? Either way, it doesn't matter. Choice really isn't choice here. You're still wondering about this place, the grey walls and the white tiled floor. Let me ease your mind in this friend. Let me take that knife from your hands before someone gets hurt, and then, let's walk through the door like nothing happened. What do you say?

I know, I know, things haven't worked out the way you wanted them to. I understand that, but you need to realize this doesn't have to be the end. Even if this is, it really isn't. This won't end just because you say it will, just because you think your actions will bring about this end doesn't mean they will. You'll wake up and you'll be here again, except maybe I won't be. And you need me, trust me on that. You need me because I can get out of here, this place of grey walls and white floors. So put down that knife and let's walk out the door. Listen to me, for once, just listen.

Posted Oct 3, '10 at 11:18am

Efan

Efan

3,164 posts

good changes. maybe you could add some more insight as to the peoples relationship with each other. relative,friend, lover?

Posted Oct 4, '10 at 11:22pm

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,557 posts

Keeper

Here is my heart for you to keep
I give it to you freely.
You will take it, but you will
Not hold it.
You will not make it whole again
Even though you could.
You have another's heart for yourself
And it's that one
That you will cherish above my own.
Despite all I gave.
You will only take my heart for now
Place it on a shelf.
You may look at it from time to time
But only now and then.
For my love is not on your mind.
Only his.
Keeper of my heart, you will be
Until I may take it back.
On the day that my heart is healed
From the scars you made.
And only then will I take it, because now
I fear to hold it.
It is too fragile a thing just yet.
So take my heart.
It is yours to keep, because I have
Nothing else to give.

Posted Oct 6, '10 at 10:50am

wajor59

wajor59

935 posts

I offer you, my friend, a line from a song I listen to that reminds me of past heartaches. "...don't cut yourself on the jagged pieces of my broken heart..."
Thinking along the same lines as Jess, I would also offer you, "To stand back and give yourself a break!"

Stranger things have happened and just maybe what you think is broken and irreparable may be the beginning of true love? Think about your relationship, (whatever that may have been), this way, perhaps you will run into this person 5 years from now? If both of you are still free, maybe then will be a better time for both of you to hook back up? "It ain't over, 'til it's over", I don't know who said this first but like I said earlier, stranger things have happened.

Posted Oct 10, '10 at 9:30am

Efan

Efan

3,164 posts

wolf. Tyler, how long will this heartbreak last you need to break out of the shell of heartbreak. also if you convey so much sadness via poetry why do you do this on a happy fun games site? I do not deserve an answer but questions can be asked.

Posted Oct 12, '10 at 9:46pm

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,557 posts

Drift

Drift toward the sun.
Have the clouds reveal your shadow.
And let them pass on by,
Let them pass on by.

Drfit on the waves.
Have them comfort you in their embrace.
And let them pass on by,