ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Words and Workings of Wolf

634 206212
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Here is a thread dedicated to my work as a writer. This thread will mostly be filled with my poems which vary in theme but I try to fashion myself after my favourite poet T.S Eliot, who I believed captured human nature in his words. I aspire to do the same. Please feel free wo citique and review my work. However, simply saying "I like it" is not good enough, as a writer I must grow and develop so I beg you readers to give me a reason as to why or why not you liked the poem. To start off I shall provide you with one of my personal favourties.

These Are The Boring Bits

Call life what you will,
A joke,
A curse,
A gift,
An adventure.
Take from it what you will,
Joy,
Sorrow,
Love,
Hate.
Lose yourself in it
Find your purpose
Or,
Find nothing at all.

A man asked, "What is the meaning of life?"
A woman told him, "Whatever you make it to be."
A child asked, "Is god real?"
A parent told them, "Only you can decide."

Personal opinion is what we use to guide us,
The opinions of others are what lose us.
We can never be certain
That we are certain of anything
Because of change,
And because things stay the same.
What makes sense one day,
Will confuse us another,
And so it goes on.
People tell others to:
Get in line,
Grow up,
Get our lives straight,
Who told these people these things?
And why tell us the things that broke them?

Is it human nature to be unhappy?

Two men sit on a bench,
In a park,
Under a tree.
They talk about family and friends
They talk about work and dreams.
One man says, "It is a waste of time to dream,"
The other says, "Yes, but to have dreams is not."
Dreams are what the world is made of
Bad dreams,
Good dreams,
Lost dreams.

Hope is never far off,
As the old die,
The young are born,
The young grow,
They become old,
The old die.
But while they are young,
They change the world.
Some for the better,
Others for the worse.

Inspiration is a dream.

The only inspiration in life is life:
What to do?
How to do it?
Can we change the world?
How to change the world?
Is there purpose?
Are we real?
Or a figment of imagination?
All questions do not need answers.

Call life what you will,
These are the boring bits.

• 634 Replies
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

>.> yay for not editing myself and thus misplacing words.

The line is supposed to read:

And I'll burn this town just for fun

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

"You know, I don't give a d*mn soldier. You either pick up that sword and fall on it out there, or I pick it up and make you fall on it right here."- Captain Hren

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

[/b]Moving On[b]

There's nothing left here.
It is only a memory.
A memory of better things
And of better times.
I'm still broken
With all I have to endure.
But I'm fixing myself
Ever so slowly,
No thanks to you.
So I'll take my memories
And I shall hold them dear
For they are all I now have
All I will have for now.
When you think on me
Let it be of times we shared
And let them twist you
And make you feel shamed.
You have broken me.
But I will be repaired.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

The whole thing speaks for itself really. Angry angry vegeful.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

He he, vegeful. It's vengeful.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

From The Writer's Desk

It's a tiring life out there. Between the working trying to get by, to the craving of our flesh. Whether it's s*x or food. Makes a man think on how we ever came this far. Argue the semantics of morality all you want, you have to at least admit we're out of synch. We're indifferent, to so much these days. We fear cancers and diseases; broken hearts to financial squeezes, but. Do we ever actually think on what we might be missing? Oh we bicker on languages and cultures like picking over half rotted carcasses, we're vultures, and to what extent do we seek? Is it just a ploy to undermine the poor and the meek? And whether we agree, disagree or meet somewhere inbetween, this isn't what defines us. Oh no, it's what we've seen. It's what we've tasted and what we have smelled; it's what we've molded and what we've meld. it is who we are, and who we are supposed to be. And I know, at least one of you, is going to criticize me. You'll say I'm ranting and raving, that my language skills have started misbehaving, that I've run on sentences half a mile long, and you know what, dear reader, you wouldn't be wrong. But, you forgot to think. Perhaps I have purpose behind this gramatical cataclysm, that in some circles of experts would start a fightful schism. How dare I use poetic form to mix and mince devious words, that I misplace commas and semi colons and miss use such absurds. That I simply write to be free of this confining mess, this overloaded world of ours that ever causes distress, over the simple things such as this and that, and theses and thoses, from the tip of out heads, to the top of our noses. Oh yes, how dare I, I the one with the ability to say, and speak and write free. Oh dear. How. I. Dare. To. Simply. Be. Me. And so I leave this to you, so that you may do whatever it is you wish to do. Whether it be to simply laugh and giggle, to dance or to jiggle, or to even argue and bicker with the foulest of complaints. You are free to do so, I bear you no restraints. But, before you do. Think.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Made me laugh, made me think, made me think

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

=0
THIS could be published Wolf.
It is AWESOME.

And I am completely jealous of your talent. But that's okay.

It does make you think about alot... Geez this is amazing.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

A very short story, just to change things up

Wanderer

It had been some time since she had had any company. In this blasted wilderness of mouldering concrete and half glassed asphalt, with the glare of obsidian, compnay was hard to come by. The sky was a constant putrid grey with swirls of brown running through it, and where bird once gave sweet melodies silence now ruled unending. The only sound aside from her ragged breathing and beating heart, was the slap of her rag covered feet, hardly a whisper in the empty world she roamed.
She had wandered for as long as she could remember. She gathered what little food and water she could, but it had always seemed to miniscule to overcome the needs of her flesh. She was naught but a skeleton, poisoned by everything she had partaken in. Whether it was the air she breathed or the food and water she consumed. Poison was ever coursing through her fragile shell of a body. And, there was no one to comfort her.
There was no one to comfort her, no one to whisper the sweet lies that everything would be alright. That there was a warm place that was filled with the green grass, the blue sky and chirping birds of her childhood. Where children ran in a carefree frenzy knowing that no harm could befall them, knowing that the world would not move one. Ah...such lies. Yet, even if someone were to tell her them, she would dismiss them in cold cynism, for this world, filled with its poisons and half mad savages, that were once call human beings, was a cruel and uncaring mistress.
She totters on, only to fall and dash her skull against the cold unyield ground, that gives of a sickened heat all the same. She tries to regain her feet, but the effort proves too much. 'So,' she thinks, 'this is wear I will end my wanderings.' Her breath comes out in a sigh like a death rattle. And as she closes her eyes in preparation for a time she thought would never come, she hears a voice, 'Hello?'

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

the world would not move one

Is that meant to be "on"?
this is wear

Where.
This is good, but it's not the best by far.6/10
OK I read it twice. 7/10
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

>.> my bad for the spelling errors

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Mors amarum sic

We were once among the living,
We who have given all.
The crosses mark where we now lay
And the red flower surrounds our grave.
Far off the guns still roar
And cries of comrades haunt us ever more.
Here we lay in silent wait
We, brave men, who served our fate.

Mors amarum sic.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

From The Writer's Desk

I feel self assured in calling this the bast@rd child of Poe and Dr. Seuss; but it's fantastic :]

I love how you were able to work in a bleak look at the bleaker idea of realism with some fantastic literary devices. The only problem I have with it is I want more philosophy thrown in there when I got to the part discussing the methods you used to write it I found myself wanting the ideology back.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

I feel self assured in calling this the bast@rd child of Poe and Dr. Seuss; but it's fantastic :]

Thank you And I quite enjoy that comparison, it's basically asserting the lack of structure and sanity I view life with.

I love how you were able to work in a bleak look at the bleaker idea of realism with some fantastic literary devices. The only problem I have with it is I want more philosophy thrown in there when I got to the part discussing the methods you used to write it I found myself wanting the ideology back.

Strangely enough I wrote this only to show we confine ourselves to rules and regulations in everything. I live to frustrate
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I live to frustrate

Yes. Yes you do.

Now that you mention it, HE SO IS. I could never place it, but Poe and Dr.Seuss are your.... fathers. xD

All of your writings just make me wonder what type of life YOU have gone through, to give you such an outlook on life.
I like the backstory on things, and I want to know yours.
ESPLAIN YO SELF BRUH.

Now your task is to write a novel based on your lil short story you got there. I will give you about 2 weeks. Starting now. Chop chop Mr.Wolf. Chop chop.
Showing 46-60 of 634