Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Words and Workings of Wolf

Posted Oct 1, '11 at 6:53pm

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,557 posts

Now, I think that bit of story is a much worthier return than that sad sap of a poem!

Posted Oct 4, '11 at 11:06pm

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,557 posts

Cam eased the door open. Stepping inside the dimly lit house he paused for a moment as his cat, Minx, came padding up to him, entwining around his legs. He absently scratched her back before stepping over her into the house proper.

Back pressing the door shut. A shuddering breath as it shut tight.

Mrow!

He looked down. Minx was sitting in the gloom, lambent eyes staring up at him. His face scrunched in internal agony. Another breath. Sighing he moved down the narrow hall into the kitchen. The floor was a sickly red colour, sticky. Minx padded up behind him.

A hand on his shoulder, and then a voice, "Honey? Cameron?"

Cam awoke gasping for breath. There was a weight on his chest. Minx. He nudged the cat until she was off. Rising from the bed he crossed the bedroom. Eyes squeezed tightly shut, blocking out the room. Blocking out the memories. He never looked at any part of the room except for the ceiling. Hadn't changed the sheets since her death. Hadn't changed anything. The only reason he slept in the room, and in the bed was because it brought dreams. Often times they were of the good times. And others, like now, they were twisted fantasties that he couldn't explain.

Crossing the threshold he opened his eyes. He walked down the stairs and into the bathroom. Switching on the light he blinked owlishly for a few moments, adjusting to the sudden, harsh, assault to his senses. Looking into the mirror he noticed his auburn hair had grown to his shoulders, his beard was an unruly tangle of copper wire, his faded green eyes were completely bloodshot. Cam looked at this visage not recognizing the man he had become, and not caring. He saw, but didn't see. When was the last time he had bothered with such mundane tasks as trimming back his beard or cutting his hair? He couldn't remember.

Flicking off the light he moved blindly toward the living room. Reaching it he turned on the track lights, using the dimmer to adjust them so as to cast the room in a soft glow. He moved toward the mantlepiece where her picture sat.

Her sapphire eyes glittering in perpetual happiness forever more, her face caught in the dying glow of the late summer sun, smiling her full, wide smile, teeth flashing brilliantly white; standing at the edge of the dock with nothing but a two piece on. One of the last sunsets of her life.

Holding the picture to his chest he began crying. Chest hitching he whispered, "I love you Kat."

"I love you Katherine...I'm sorry."

Cam sat there unitl the sun rose.

Posted Oct 5, '11 at 12:02am

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,417 posts

Considering I haven't seen your work, or you, in ages, I think this is a great comeback! I want you to tell me out-rightly what it is about, but I'm pretty sure you won't... > >
I will be watching, Wolf. When I get the chance.
*steps back into shadows*

Posted Oct 6, '11 at 10:43pm

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,557 posts

Lost in You

[i]Inspired by: Three Days Grace, Lost in You

You're the newest image of an older face.
A love I cannot erase.
There's a place where your can fit
If only I knew your thoughts on it.

You're something I've seen before
But this time a suburban man is at my door.
Asking questions, that I can't speak
And you make me numb, and weak.

It's irrelevant when you think clearly
Because you're what I want, so dearly.
It's the best of me!
Or can't you see?

Are you blind like them?
Am I ignored again? Or do you see?
So post-modernist, a broken family
And I can see.

A shift in tone, so much relevance
And now you speak, of elegance,
Of blasphemy and tortured souls we see.
And we will meet, all by the sea.

I'm lost in you. It's what I do.
And even if you have no clue
I will pass on by, and hope for other days
Where we do not meet, this parting of ways.

Posted Oct 10, '11 at 12:46am

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,557 posts

Considering I haven't seen your work, or you, in ages, I think this is a great comeback! I want you to tell me out-rightly what it is about, but I'm pretty sure you won't... > >
I will be watching, Wolf. When I get the chance

I've decided to be nice to you all. Especially Moon. The story is about the writer, Cam, struggling with his life after the death of his wife. His wife died in a car crash, while he was driving.

Posted Oct 25, '11 at 11:02am

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,557 posts

Seasons of Youth

When sharp winds blow I am reminded of
Fairer days. Days in which the gentle breeze
Caressed your skin, and we lay upon eachothers laps.
Gazing haplessly upon the sun.

Upon these days where grief was but a memory.
And in the winter of my youth,
These days, now too memories, are still fresh,
As was the time then, as it is stale now,
As it was and should have been.
Sharp winds are these.

And as these winds caress me in mockery
The sun drains its last light listfully away.
Setting darkness upon this still waking world
Where the shadows come to play.
Cruel this.
And what they have to say
I have not a mind to listen,
If only had they not spoken before it was decided.

*to be completed*

Posted Oct 25, '11 at 11:40am

pruimenmoes

pruimenmoes

36 posts

wonderful poem,can't wait to hear more
you should have your own site with al kinds of this stuff
and putn the link here so we can enjoy it more

Posted Oct 27, '11 at 10:45pm

Alexistigerspice

Alexistigerspice

1,455 posts

I am very happy to see that you still write poetry. I remember when I read "These Are the Boring Bits", and even though that poem was wonderful, I have to say you have only improved over time. Keep it up!

Posted Nov 1, '11 at 10:50pm

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,557 posts

Crimson touch upon your lips.
Seductive poison in truth.
Juliet of your nightmares.
Whispered widow of the night.
Be brave young man lost in love.

Posted Nov 2, '11 at 4:19pm

Faunbard

Faunbard

662 posts

You're poetry is deep, and that's what i like. Im srry but i can't stand shel silverstein sometimes because it seems he ryhmes pointlessly, but i know he is a literary genius. Im getting off topic. When i read your first poem, the boring bits i think, i was stunned about how well written and well crafted it was. It would not suprise me if one day you will be the next Poe or Shakespeare, although i have no idea what your real name is. Also, some of your poetry gets like almost philosophical in my opinion. I enjoy your work and since your 19 (i think) you're dreams of becoming a poet (if thats what they are) are about to become a reality. Keep up the good work.

Reply to The Words and Workings of Wolf

You must be logged in to post a reply!