Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Gay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

Posted Aug 20, '10 at 2:46pm

Avorne

Avorne

3,265 posts

I'm just saying that you don't get many Homosexual partnerships that end up with children.

Anyway, why should there be a distinction? For hundreds of years a marriage simply required the groom giving the father of the bride a couple of pigs and a sheep and promising the daughter a good dowry. The modern idea of a wedding and marriage has only been put together within the last few hundred years and slowly at that.

Why distinguish between couple A and couple B just because couple A happens to be 2 dudes or two women?

If you want to throw the Bible into this then I'd like to mention that the Bible considers thousands of things to be sins and yet people still do them - like eating pork.

The thing is - I can call you a bigot, close-minded and a myriad of other insults and the worst you can say about me is I'm open-minded.

Posted Aug 20, '10 at 2:47pm

Agent_AAS

Agent_AAS

1,421 posts

For me it should be legal. But Christianism is a racist religion (it is against homosexuals) and we can't do anything about that.

Anyways some countries are accepting gay marriage now, and that's what should be done.

Posted Aug 20, '10 at 2:49pm

Avorne

Avorne

3,265 posts

Wait a second...

A. I believe it's called Christianity
B. Since when where homosexuals a race of people?

Posted Aug 20, '10 at 2:54pm

Agent_AAS

Agent_AAS

1,421 posts

A. Sorry, sometimes by english sux, it's because is called "cristianismo" in my lang, so that's where the confusion came from.
B. Racist is just a way of talking if you don't know, and "race of people" doesn't exist, as we are all from the human race.

Posted Aug 20, '10 at 2:56pm

Avorne

Avorne

3,265 posts

Oh - I didn't realize English wasn't your native language. Perhaps I can give you a few lessons as we go along. Anyway, We have established now that it's Christianity in English so you're already improving and I believe the term you're looking for is discrimination, not racism.

Posted Aug 20, '10 at 3:15pm

DanteMustDie

DanteMustDie

31 posts

Why not? I agree

Posted Aug 20, '10 at 3:17pm

nevetsthereaper

nevetsthereaper

668 posts

you cant be open minded if you say im wrong. thats called a contradictory statement. and you are on one side, not both. therefore, theoretically, you are being a biggot towards me, and others that agree with me.

Posted Aug 20, '10 at 3:24pm

Avorne

Avorne

3,265 posts

Not really - you're infringing upon the rights of a group of people that are doing no harm to anyone and I am simply sticking up for them. You are close-minded to the rights of gays. I am well aware of your right to be a bigot.

Posted Aug 20, '10 at 3:25pm

AnaLoGMunKy

AnaLoGMunKy

1,631 posts

so you are agreeing atleast thet it would weed them out of the gene pool quite effectively?

No, because there will always be homosexual behaviour, so it weeds nothing out.

you cant be open minded if you say im wrong. thats called a contradictory statement. and you are on one side, not both. therefore, theoretically, you are being a biggot towards me, and others that agree with me.

Eh! Avorne believes people should be open minded so you basicly say he is being close minded about people being close minded?!?

Cut the crap and make a real argument because your clutching at straws there. Its worse than a childs argument because you have sense enough to know the manipulation your using. Dont try that again please.

Posted Aug 20, '10 at 3:26pm

Agent_AAS

Agent_AAS

1,421 posts

I believe the term you're looking for is discrimination, not racism.

Exactly! Discrimination! And people in AG give me lessons all the time, wheter they are being ironnical amd want to sound like "Hey, you are retarted!" or when they are talking seriously.

RETURNING TO TOPIC:
Cristhianity can be really weird sometimes... believing in hell and devil? WTF! And I remember the pope said once that he is against preservatives... That's pure dullness! Pure stupidity! That's one of the reasons that why I'm not catholic...

I'm just gonna marry (wich is a catholic thing) because my wife will probably think it's an obligation, and I won't want to argue with her, and also, the party at it is gonna be funny (even tough I will have to hear the blah blah blah the priest is going to say).

And gay marriage should be approved! Gays are just like women who were born in the wrong body!

Reply to Gay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

You must be logged in to post a reply!