Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Gay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 12:48am

nevetsthereaper

nevetsthereaper

558 posts

The authors included 154 women in 84 families who underwent artificial insemination to start a family; the parents agreed to answer questions about their children's social skills, academic performance and behavior at five follow-up times over the 17-year study period.

Your telling me that a study of 84 families is comparible to the millions of heterosexual families out there? Of course the heterosexuals couples had more kids with problems, there were more people. That doesnt even make sense, but maybe i'm looking at it the wrong way.

On another note, your a very clever moderator, Asherlee, vaugeley insulting me, but not saying anything directly towards me. So as to avoid trouble, taking a side and whatnot. And if i did actually complain to a higher up, you could say you werent even directing that comment at me, you were obviously directing it to anyone else who commented on the thread, besides my father of course, all of whom were on your side anyway.

Also, why was the study only done on women. Just curious, has a study like this ever been done on gay families that were comprised of two males?

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 10:20am

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,061 posts

Your telling me that a study of 84 families is comparible to the millions of heterosexual families out there?

It's called taking a sample of the population. Would you prefer if they wasted time and money talking to every family out there?

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 10:28am

pickleshack

pickleshack

357 posts

But what does annoy me are the gay people who prance around just because your gay you dont have to act like a fairy =p

You shouldn't invest any of your energy into something that doesn't matter. People act how they act, there is nothing wrong with being flamboyant, and those who act that way are probably just doing what is in their nature. Besides, flamboyantly gay people are hilarious.

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 1:54pm

nevetsthereaper

nevetsthereaper

558 posts

no, i would rather they wasted no time and money, but seeings as how they already did, why not do it correctly the first time. and i do agree with pickleshack, they are hilarious.

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 3:33pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

Your telling me that a study of 84 families is comparible to the millions of heterosexual families out there? Of course the heterosexuals couples had more kids with problems, there were more people. That doesnt even make sense, but maybe i'm looking at it the wrong way.

Instead of being stubborn and pig-headed, you should fully read posts. I said, "even though it is only one study it is still interesting." I never said that it held concrete facts. Or that it even held a lot of merit. I was really just in awe of your ignorance and intolerance.

On another note, your a very clever moderator, Asherlee, vaugeley insulting me, but not saying anything directly towards me. So as to avoid trouble, taking a side and whatnot. And if i did actually complain to a higher up, you could say you werent even directing that comment at me, you were obviously directing it to anyone else who commented on the thread, besides my father of course, all of whom were on your side anyway.

What in the world are you talking about? You're on thin ice for simply being a troll. I would check your attitude, quickly.

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 3:44pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,191 posts

Peace, brother and sister, peace....

People act how they act, there is nothing wrong with being flamboyant, and those who act that way are probably just doing what is in their nature. Besides, flamboyantly gay people are hilarious.

This is one of the few things I don't understand relating to homosexuality. I've seen mello gays, emo gays, serious gays, gruff-ruff-and-tough gays, but only a few flamboyantly-gay people. Are one of the generalizations of homosexuals being flamboyant? I've seen a lot of this generalization on cartoons and actors (hence the maturity of this whole stereotypical discussion).

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 3:48pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

Well, in male homosexuals, yes. They are, according to gay-lingo, bottoms. A lot of it is just behavior and exaggeration to help attract a certain type of guy to them. Think of the flamboyant guys like a pea****.

But, I will say this, I have seen some young kids (5-8) that have the same mannerisms and way of speaking. I wonder if it really is learned behavior at all?

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 3:54pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

I have no idea where you guys are in this discussion, and I am not going to read up on this either, because I won't stay to fight for why my opinion is right, since it is nothing but my opinion.
Anyway.

Have you thought about that homosexual pairs might actually be way better parents than some heterosexuals? Other people will look down on them, say that they cannot raise children right, and will point out every mistake they make, simply to prove that "You are gay, you should isolate yourself from society, because you are messed up!". And they know this before they get children, which means they will fight, really, really fight for the child to become a star citizen, to prove themselves not only as parents but as humans equal to heterosexuals.
Some pairs of heterosexuals are more willing to give up on their family, and let their kids do whatever, fight their spouse and generally give that image of a split, troubled family.

So it seems to me, especially because of the challenge there is in actually fitting in in society, homosexuals will actually fight to show that they are worth just as much as anyone else, which only seem to be something that other "outcasts" with challenges. Ghetto teens that want out, people who have been bullied all their lives but fought it through.
After all, what doesn't kill you make you stronger, and if you are strong, you can raise your family to be as strong as you, if not stronger.

As for the marriage, I see no problem. If not because of the "You are not going to get married with them, so stop complaining", then because it is a strong symbol that drive woman mad to get right, and an even stronger cultural and social showcase. "I promise you, I will stay with you forever, love and honour you as my partner in life."
So, by denying this symbol to people, you are setting them outside society, and making them less than human, because they are not allowed to show their love to the world like anyone else is.

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 3:59pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,191 posts

I have a number of hypotheses for this; this is just me blowing smoke though. Maybe these kids are looking at these groups of people and they think "hey! That guy's getting attention and he's having a good time! I'll act like him and see if it works for me". Everyone yearns to be accepted, regardless of personality. Some may study others and try to mimic them to find out if it works for them.

Maybe the fabled gene really is biological and these signs incrementally get deeper with age.

Maybe the kids just have that personality but are still heterosexual. There are guys that act this way but are heterosexual at heart. My friends call them fruits.

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 4:03pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,191 posts

I have no idea where you guys are in this discussion, and I am not going to read up on this either, because I won't stay to fight for why my opinion is right, since it is nothing but my opinion.
Anyway.

Also:

This is mostly what we are doing in this thread: point out our opinions, discuss it, argue, someone else points out their opinion, and cycle restarts.

Reply to Gay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

You must be logged in to post a reply!