ForumsWEPRGay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

561 106673
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

I personally think that it should be legal cause it doesnt hurt anybody and everyone has the right to marry who they love.

• 561 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

No but she would see her parents kissing at home, so to see gay kisses will just disturb her.

...How much do you want to bet? I can almost gurantee that the same thing was said about a little white girl seeing a black person who's not a slave way back when. As a child you don't HAVE any of those preconceptions, they are learned. She would view it EXACTLY the same way she viewed first seeing a guy/girl kiss.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Me and my girlfriend never kiss around kids because we don't think it's our place for them to have to ask about homosexuality at such a young age.
They're exposed to heteronormativity at a young age. They've seen princes kiss princesses in Disney movies. Why should their exposure differ based on sexuality?

Avorne, "homosexuality in general" is not a feminist issue. This thread is about gay marriage in particular, which is a feminist issue.
Engima
Engima
38 posts
Nomad

Even though I feel like its COMPLETELY wrong, people have the rights to marry whoever they want.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Avorne, "homosexuality in general" is not a feminist issue. This thread is about gay marriage in particular, which is a feminist issue.

Doesn't gay marriage fall under homosexuality in general?
wwedfan1
wwedfan1
188 posts
Peasant

it should be legal because our goverment is a republic and the people want it.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Even though I feel like its COMPLETELY wrong, people have the rights to marry whoever they want.

I'm glad you consider it a right but why do you think it's so wrong?
pyro1
pyro1
44 posts
Nomad

[quote]The Bible says its wrong.

God Created Adam And Eve
(This is a story, I am telling it, don't come back to attack me Der deat god you worship is just a bunch of poopyness)

God created Adam and Eve.

Spe** + E** = Baby!

Spe** + Spe** = Nothing

E** + E** = Nothing

I used the little star sign thingys to keep it PG13.

What God Didn't Create?

Adam and Steve.

I totally agree with you man! I think having gay marriage will just promote homosexuality!

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

The Bible says its wrong.

The Bible says a lot of a crazy things, like Pi = 3 and that those who work on the sabbath should be punished heavily, I'd take anything the Bible says with a mountain-load of salt and a good wall to bang your head on.

God created Adam and Eve.

Proof?

What God Didn't Create?

Short answer? Anything.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

I think having gay marriage will just promote homosexuality!

Bahh, how can you promote a sexual orientation? You can't just 'turn' homosexual all of a sudden and the only reason for an increase in the number of homosexuals will be the fact that closeted people don't have to fear being persecuted or discriminated against because of their sexuality and so can openly be gay. Anyway, what's wrong with homosexuality? I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all and I've yet to be proven otherwise.
grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

The Bible says its wrong.

And why don't you follow the other 600+ commandments? Why don't you kill witches, blasphemer, kids rebelling against their parents, people working on sabbath etc.? Seems to me like you're cherry picking to support your homophobia.

And when I heard about them allowing gay marriage my family and I were like GAARRR WE GOT TO KILL THEM ALLLL!!!

Okay, you're just a troll. Now it makes sense.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I'm calling troll on this guy too, he's just so... troll-y.

pyro1
pyro1
44 posts
Nomad

Sometimes the bible says thing, but we can't take it to serious! We might be over exaggerating it, or not understanding what he is 'really' saying.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Of course he's trolling. It is otherwise physically impossible to be that stupid.

Doesn't gay marriage fall under homosexuality in general?
Check this out: Women's rights falls under civil rights in general. However, few would consider civil rights in general a feminist issue. It's too... general. Feminism focuses on a particular aspect of civil rights (though the ideas are in no way exclusive). Similarly, the entire topic of homosexuality is broad. So broad that it can't really be called a feminist issue in a meaningful way. It is related to feminism, but it's related to just about everything.

The legal right to homosexual marriages is a feminist issue. While the rhetoric surrounding the issue is about societal views on homosexuality, and rightly so, from a legal standpoint gay marriage is not an issue of equal rights based on sexuality, but equal rights based on sex.
grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

2. 600+? (10...)

Have you ever read the OT? There are like 613 commandments, not only 10.

3. Witches aren't real, stop reading those Disney books.

I don't read Disney books, it's in the bible.
Exodus 22:18 King James Version (KJV): Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

American Laws like the constitution replaced the Bible for law

So why the f*ck are you talking about the bible?!

Meh, I'm done with you. I don't like talking to trolls.

Sometimes the bible says thing, but we can't take it to serious! We might be over exaggerating it, or not understanding what he is 'really' saying.

Okay, and how do you know which part you can take literally?! Cherry picking...
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

The legal right to homosexual marriages is a feminist issue. While the rhetoric surrounding the issue is about societal views on homosexuality, and rightly so, from a legal standpoint gay marriage is not an issue of equal rights based on sexuality, but equal rights based on sex.

I'm still not seeing how it's a feminist issue unless your focusing specifically on lesbians getting married.

@grimml
Ignore the troll.
Showing 406-420 of 561