ForumsWEPRGay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

561 106670
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

I personally think that it should be legal cause it doesnt hurt anybody and everyone has the right to marry who they love.

• 561 Replies
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

Its not a fight for equal rights its a fight for economic benefits what I'm talking about - aka Money.

You mean the small tax break you get for filing jointly? Or the $1000 tax break for each child under 18?
It actually is about equal rights, there are a ton of rights a married man and women have that many don't seem to think gay couples should have. Like the ability to legally speak for your spouse when they can't, or make medical decisions, or the right to marry at all.
GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

For US law I'm talking about the tax benefits. There's even some bad comedy movie about how two guys decide to secretly wed just for the tax benefits.

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

There's even some bad comedy movie about how two guys decide to secretly wed just for the tax benefits.

I now pronounce you chuck and larry is the only one I know, but its got nothing to do with tax benefits.
GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

Nope its not that movie. It was some really bad movie I saw on TV over a year ago, I think it was British.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

@Ever dead - Yes, i'm female.

Also GoblinD, the only movie i recall is the chuck and larry one.

Also your point contradicts yourself because you said "For US law" and tried to link it to a British movie. In Britain we have different tax laws.

akqpars
akqpars
190 posts
Nomad

I see now Jeffery.Thats why you are so sensitive about the gayness since the English society is pretty strict on the issue as far as i observe. I stayed with a family at their sixties in Bournemouth.They were even exluding them from britain and calling themselves that they are the English.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

No i'm in Northern Ireland which is part of the UK but my girlfriend is in Brighton (Gay Capital of the UK) but the English society is rather tolerant, mainly in modern society.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Nahh, English society is pretty open about homosexuality, at least most places are these days - we legalized gay marriage back in 2005 and pretty much everyone that was against it or voiced dislike of it was shunned by the rest of us. England marches on.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Sorry @Avorne, we ninja'd the same point :P

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Hehe, it's alright, you got the point across - your experiences are more personal anyway :P

akqpars
akqpars
190 posts
Nomad

New generation is open minded yes. But i was overreacted by english people when i wanted to kiss man on their cheek while the handshake. Culturally misunderstood i realized later on. Some girls labelled me as a gay since i was not into them and so on.My point is,society still not embraced gays in England besides of legalizing it.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Akqpars - google Brighton and tell me England is not tolerant of Gays?

akqpars
akqpars
190 posts
Nomad

First off all i love and value humans and I know Brighton very much thanks. No need to be petulant,mine is just a thought. I support that nobody can judge anyone.

GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

Also your point contradicts yourself because you said "For US law" and tried to link it to a British movie. In Britain we have different tax laws.

Maybe different percentages but isn't it the same idea? Tax benefits for gay couples. That movie had no good actors I wouldn't expect anyone here to see it... If you happen to see it, don't watch it.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

Akqpars - google Brighton and tell me England is not tolerant of Gays?

And gee wiz here I was assuming every British person was gay...
Showing 481-495 of 561