Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Gay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

Posted Jun 26, '11 at 9:10am

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,236 posts

Akqpars - google Brighton and tell me England is not tolerant of Gays?

Posted Jun 26, '11 at 9:49am

akqpars

akqpars

192 posts

First off all i love and value humans and I know Brighton very much thanks. No need to be petulant,mine is just a thought. I support that nobody can judge anyone.

Posted Jun 26, '11 at 10:12am

GoblinD

GoblinD

332 posts

Also your point contradicts yourself because you said "For US law" and tried to link it to a British movie. In Britain we have different tax laws.

Maybe different percentages but isn't it the same idea? Tax benefits for gay couples. That movie had no good actors I wouldn't expect anyone here to see it... If you happen to see it, don't watch it.

Posted Jun 26, '11 at 10:14am

Nurvana

Nurvana

2,590 posts

Akqpars - google Brighton and tell me England is not tolerant of Gays?

And gee wiz here I was assuming every British person was gay...

Posted Jun 26, '11 at 10:23am

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,236 posts

Same idea but not ever gay person is after tax benefits.

Posted Jun 26, '11 at 10:33am

GoblinD

GoblinD

332 posts

Does it mean everyone should get it? Make you're own system and you will have a lot less problems with religion.

Posted Jun 26, '11 at 11:03am

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,236 posts

I don't get what you mean by own system?

Posted Jun 26, '11 at 2:19pm

Moe

Moe

1,783 posts

Does it mean everyone should get it?

Yes, because the tax breaks are for living as a couple. The only tax breaks you get for raising children occurs after your children are born/adopted.

Posted Jun 26, '11 at 3:12pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,776 posts

Knight

Exactly what I said, the ability to do regular marriage and switch it with the ability to do a gay marriage that includes different laws. Wasn't I clear about that?

No you weren't clear.

Its not a fight for equal rights its a fight for economic benefits what I'm talking about - aka Money. Society throughout all of mankind history is grouped in families for a reason. Its a system that allows the man to take care of the wife so she can take care of her children.

That's a completely archaic and bias view of the family structure. There are many family units that don't work this way.

And yes it is about equal rights, heterosexual couples get to marry the people they love with all the legal benefits provided by the government by law. For gay marriage to be equal it also needs to meet these same requirements without things taken away.

For US law I'm talking about the tax benefits. There's even some bad comedy movie about how two guys decide to secretly wed just for the tax benefits.

So we should deny equal rights because some people might abuse the system what a complete load. People already abuse the system this way as it is with heterosexual marriage, adding gay marriage isn't going to make that big of a difference.

Does it mean everyone should get it? Make you're own system and you will have a lot less problems with religion.

What the hell are you talking about? Yes everyone should get the same benefits by law. The legal aspects of marriage have nothing to do with religion. Marriage as part of the religious aspect is just a ceremony, the couple still has to go get the legal documentation saying they are married. That's what's being fought for, the legal recognition. So you can take your religious beliefs on the matter and shove them back up what ever orifice you got them from. Because they hold no baring in this.

Posted Jun 26, '11 at 3:34pm

proshots

proshots

24 posts

i dont think their should be gay marrige because it is going against human nature

Reply to Gay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

You must be logged in to post a reply!