ForumsWEPRGay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

561 106939
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

I personally think that it should be legal cause it doesnt hurt anybody and everyone has the right to marry who they love.

• 561 Replies
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Strong moral basis does not equal religious basis. You fail life forever - go slit your wrists and die and rot in Hell where maggots shall forever feast upon your burning flesh and Satan himself shall 'tear you a new one'.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

That is completely ignoring one of the base principals of the bible, and probably the quaran and a couple thousand other religious books.

But we should not base our society on religion, it should be based on what is right and wrong, what is fair, not on some religious text.
ABarOfSoap
ABarOfSoap
230 posts
Nomad

But we should not base our society on religion, it should be based on what is right and wrong, what is fair, not on some religious text.

Agreed, but basing it on some religious morals was not all that bad. Sure, a lot of it is very outdated, and should have room to be changed, taken out, and so on. Important thing is, it provided a base for rules to expand from, on what is right and wrong, what is fair, etc.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

And of course since religious morals were founded on social norms at the time - It's all rules we've made up anyway.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Agreed, but basing it on some religious morals was not all that bad. Sure, a lot of it is very outdated, and should have room to be changed, taken out, and so on. Important thing is, it provided a base for rules to expand from, on what is right and wrong, what is fair, etc.

I call shenanigans.
The Bible stated that anyone who didn't believe in God was to be killed[Exodus 22:20], that women were inferior to men[Leviticus 27: 1-7], that the uncircumcised should be ostracized[Genesis 17:14], that people who work on Sunday should be killed[Exodus 31:14], that people who are handicapped or even ugly cannot pray[Leviticus 21:18], and so much more. I'm going to say that the Bible says a lot more bad stuff than good.
Somers
Somers
1,532 posts
Nomad

call shenanigans.
The Bible stated that anyone who didn't believe in God was to be killed[Exodus 22:20], that women were inferior to men[Leviticus 27: 1-7], that the uncircumcised should be ostracized[Genesis 17:14], that people who work on Sunday should be killed[Exodus 31:14], that people who are handicapped or even ugly cannot pray[Leviticus 21:18], and so much more. I'm going to say that the Bible says a lot more bad stuff than good.

you mis-interpret...
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

you mis-interpret...

How so?
ABarOfSoap
ABarOfSoap
230 posts
Nomad

Eh, I say Hypermnestra has brought up a very good point. And elaborate on your point, Somers. Although I'm not so sure we should continue this whole discussion on this thread. It doesn't fit the topic.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

*I made a mistake; the Ex 22:20 link goes to Leviticus, my bad. Here's the right link.

Eh, I say Hypermnestra has brought up a very good point. And elaborate on your point, Somers. Although I'm not so sure we should continue this whole discussion on this thread. It doesn't fit the topic.

Sure.
You brought it up though...I just wanted to prove that the Bible did not instill morality into mankind, unlike what you say.
ABarOfSoap
ABarOfSoap
230 posts
Nomad

*Resists urge to say something*

Anyway, kiddies. Gay Marriage - Legal... Or not?

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Anyway, kiddies. Gay Marriage - Legal... Or not?

Legal.
Go ahead and say something...
NiteStryker
NiteStryker
144 posts
Nomad

completely legal.it's sorta like freedom of speech

ABarOfSoap
ABarOfSoap
230 posts
Nomad

Go ahead and say something...

*Says something meaningful*
... And that's why Gay Marriage should be legal.
ZeroComp
ZeroComp
383 posts
Nomad

I don't agree with gay marriage at all..it's just not right.

ABarOfSoap
ABarOfSoap
230 posts
Nomad

Elaborate.

Showing 241-255 of 561