ForumsWEPRGay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

561 106916
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

I personally think that it should be legal cause it doesnt hurt anybody and everyone has the right to marry who they love.

• 561 Replies
Anyhtinbutthat
Anyhtinbutthat
13 posts
Nomad

Eventually all those people you discriminated gays, Jews, blacks, Mexicans will take over and whoop your butt for what you said and did to them.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Anythinbutthat; what do you mean?

Anyhtinbutthat
Anyhtinbutthat
13 posts
Nomad

People get revenge if you discriminate against them. Eventually we will all have to live equal and it will take awhile but we will achieve eventually.

Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

& two women?

Still happens.

I was walking down the street with my girlfriend and someone drove up and said "Ey, you two lesbian? ****s nasty..." And drove off.

People.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

People get revenge if you discriminate against them. Eventually we will all have to live equal and it will take awhile but we will achieve eventually.

not everyone. im sure many people understand that getting revenge will only make stereotypes and hatred worse. im sure a person wouldnt want to have anything to do with another person who wants revenge on him. it just makes the differences between people even bigger and will result in further misundertandings. im sure many people just want to forgive and forget about what others have done to them and just move on and live normally.

I was walking down the street with my girlfriend and someone drove up and said "Ey, you two lesbian? ****s nasty..." And drove off.

People.

and lol, i showed a video of me to a girl (i didnt tell her it was me) and she thought a lesbian was in that video XD i wonder what that supposed to mean XP
JsaKim
JsaKim
267 posts
Nomad

It should be legal.

We need to accept everyone because they are who they are although I am Catholic as Catholic does not allow Gay Marriages.

Im not gay by the way

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

It shouldn't be a case of revenge. When peoplle. Sorry IF people n the majority do accept homosexuality, i'm sure it'll be happier rather than revenge.

Also wth the two women comment, i was making the point of why only be dsgusted when it's two homosexual males?

Us women get the grief too.

chitown
chitown
1,615 posts
Farmer

I believe that gay marriage should be legal. People should be able to like whoever they like.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I've just read "Top ten reasons why gay marriage is 'evil'".
Made me smile very much, so i thought i'd share.

01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasnât changed at all like many of the principles on which this great country was founded; women are still property, blacks still canât marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of marriages like Britney Spearsâ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldnât be allowed to marry because our orphanages arenât full yet, and the world needs more children.

07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. Thatâs why we have only one religion in America.

09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. Thatâs why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we havenât adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

judge-favors-gay-marriage.html&usg=__ni2zGU1t83yVdisJAImhlPiMH6A=&h=281&w=229&sz=8&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=kjXw0f1ceevnUM:&tbnh=145&tbnw=119&ei=XCf5Ta-bM8OZ8QO9vo3VCw&amp<i class=rev=/search%3Fq%3Dpro%2Bgay%2Bmarriage%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1259%26bih%3D601%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=132&ampage=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=63&ty=66" alt="http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6Y3gsd6BcqE/SRShevsdmiI/AAAAAAAAApc/2n7Q_CM0itI/s320/pro_gay_marriage_rights_design.gif&imgrefurl=http://okwassup.blogspot.com/2010/07/judge-favors-gay-marriage.html&usg=__ni2zGU1t83yVdisJAImhlPiMH6A=&h=281&w=229&sz=8&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=kjXw0f1ceevnUM:&tbnh=145&tbnw=119&ei=XCf5Ta-bM8OZ8QO9vo3VCw&amprev=/search%3Fq%3Dpro%2Bgay%2Bmarriage%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1259%26bih%3D601%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=132&ampage=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=63&ty=66" />

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Made me lol hard^^ didn't realize immediately how 'serious' those arguments are though, the first two sounded stupid enough to come from real homophobic people.

Less funny is the fact that France decided lately to still not allow gay marriages yet. I really don't understand why people are so upset by those, it's not their own problem after all, but it is definitely affecting a lot of gay people who should have the same rights than anybody else.

indie55
indie55
610 posts
Nomad

I've just read "Top ten reasons why gay marriage is 'evil'".
Made me smile very much, so i thought i'd share.

That gave me enough laughs for a year.

I don't see why gay people shouldn't have the same rights. And that France decision doesn't seem right. Do they get more votes by not letting gays marry?
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

The mage was supposed to be:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6Y3gsd6BcqE/SRShevsdmiI/AAAAAAAAApc/2n7Q_CM0itI/s320/pro_gay_marriage_rights_design.gif

Im surprised at France, they're very gay friendly.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Made me lol hard^^ didn't realize immediately how 'serious' those arguments are though, the first two sounded stupid enough to come from real homophobic people.

Actually I think I've seen every one of those used at some point in past arguments on here.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Actually I think I've seen every one of those used at some point in past arguments on here.

I wasn't using it as my argument, as i have previously posted. It was relevant/funny, so i thought i'd share.
indie55
indie55
610 posts
Nomad

I would hope not. For one thing they aren't backed up by fact.
Showing 316-330 of 561