ForumsWEPRGay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

561 106915
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

I personally think that it should be legal cause it doesnt hurt anybody and everyone has the right to marry who they love.

• 561 Replies
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Scientists have identified the gene Xq28 as possibly holding 'the gay gene'.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Ooh, I didn't notice Mages Wall O' Links. Yeah - from the amount of evidence we have I believe we're able to assert that there IS a genetic link.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

lol, im delluded, i see, tell me this, if your not gay, and your friend told you this, how is it that your so sure its not a choice, what if shes just lying to you.

What does she have to gain by lying to me? And if it's a choice why can I never find a man attractive? Shouldn't I just be able to say "Oh I think he's attractive"?
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

urrently possible ways? i don't think so, unless its a lesbian. but thats not the issue here. should it be legal, hell no. its their CHOICE to be gay, that does not make it ok. i don't want my children thinking its ok. its not. thats my opinion, and it doesn't make me a biggot. im not going to beat a gay person for being gay, but you don't see straight people having 'straight pride' parades and ****. why lord it over everyone else, if they want to be treated equally, DON'T ACT LIKE YOUR DIFFERENT.

Being gay is not a choice. And it is ok to be gay, but thinking its ok does not amke you gay. And yes, what you have said makes you a biggot. They have such parades as a way to obtain equal rights. To many people don't know what they are talking about when they speak against gays, they need to be informed.
nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

like i said, i don't care if they are gay. its not ok for them to be married. mariage is an institution of god. why the hell would they even want to be married. kinda seems like they just want to be married, because god said they shouldn't be. and also, all im hearing is 'ossibilities' and 'theories' the fact is, there is no hard evidence that its not a choice.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

And there's no hard evidence it is a choice. Also, have you heard of a little thing called 'love'? Generally marriage is considered a display of this - love and commitment.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

That and marriage is more of a legal binding that provides benefits than a religious thing...

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

its not ok for them to be married. mariage is an institution of god. why the hell would they even want to be married. kinda seems like they just want to be married, because god said they shouldn't be

So your reasoning is "God says it's not okay, so it shouldn't be allowed"? According to the bible god says a whole crap load of things that aren't okay that we completely disregard today. For instance god says we shouldn't eat pork. Well what do you know lots of people eat pork!

So, religion aside, what makes gay marriage wrong?
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

mariage is an institution of god.

Not really, you can get married in a court house.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

like i said, i don't care if they are gay. its not ok for them to be married.

I have not heard one legitimate argument that says gay marriage is wrong.

mariage is an institution of god.

Marriage was defined LONG before Jehovah came into the picture. Kthxbai

why the hell would they even want to be married. kinda seems like they just want to be married, because god said they shouldn't be.

Because I dunno, they might be in love with each other? A possibility could be that they want to make commitments with each other, because they are in love? Is there ANYTHING different with heterosexual marriage that is in gay marriage besides the partners? No of course not.

and also, all im hearing is 'ossibilities' and 'theories' the fact is, there is no hard evidence that its not a choice.

Go look at Mage's wall o' links and you will get a good clue. Read them carefully now; you don't want to get wrong things in your head! Like I said. There isn't ONE LEGITIMATE ARGUMENT that says gay marriage is wrong. It's so despicable.
SeaTurtle
SeaTurtle
116 posts
Nomad

I say no because undoubtably they will adopt a not nessicarily gay child. Can you imagine being a straight child raised by gay parents? You would end up being messed up. I cant tell if they really want to be married or if they just want to bring their cause to the spotlight and cause contreversy.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I say no because undoubtably they will adopt a not nessicarily gay child. Can you imagine being a straight child raised by gay parents? You would end up being messed up. I cant tell if they really want to be married or if they just want to bring their cause to the spotlight and cause contreversy.

We got a fundie on our hands!*sirens howl*

Why would it matter if a straight child has gay parents, a gay child has straight parents, or the sexual orientation of your parents at all? The only likely thing that would happen is that they would get teased a bit, but then again you would get made fun off if you didn't have any parents as well... Also if your parents were ugly, mentally ill, etc you would also be made fun of. Does that mean it should be illegal as well?
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

The only people causing controversy are bigots like you that don't like people who are different from you being equal. What's wrong with gay adoption? Gay people are no better or worse at or than straight people. Again, the only people that would 'mess up'' kids raised by gay parents are bigots like you that tell them their parents are evil and that they're freaks.

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

exactly, no reason for it, if its not an institution of god, and doesn't have to mean love and what not, then why. if you want to be in love, be in love. why get married if its so unimportant.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Because almost every government on the planet encourages people to get married? the general media does too, not forgetting local communities and families.

Showing 46-60 of 561