ForumsSupport Forumessay

21 5083
psprockz
psprockz
214 posts
Nomad

hi i am writing an essay on nicodemus and i need help on it any suggestion it has to be at least two papragraphs long.

• 21 Replies
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

My suggestion would be Google.com... do a bit of research, theres tons of information out there.

My other suggestion would be to put this in the appropriate category, this section is for Support and Suggestions for this specific website.

psprockz
psprockz
214 posts
Nomad

what part of support do you not understand
plus it didnt help to google it i finished but i am not excatlly a writer that is my most hated subject

opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

ya i agree with switch wikipedia is really good

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

Ah. I was led to believe that this was a section for support and suggestions for the website, I must be wrong?

Whenever I have to write a paper, I generally Google it. I know that Wikipedia is a very good source, but I tend to stray away from it since occasionally the information can be wrong, etc.

Another good suggestion would have been to go to the library, but since the paper is written then good luck! ^.^

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

I'll have to disagree with you all, because Wiki is a really instable source of information. I wouldn't trust it.
i would advise you to go to a library and see what you can find about him. Obviously, the Web is also a god means of having info about someone, but make sure your sources are reliable.

Now, I'm not sure this topic is in the appropriate section... I would rather put it in the tavern...

psprockz
psprockz
214 posts
Nomad

and yet i needed "support" but this is in the wrong category?

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Well, regarding Wikipedia, if there are citations, I would suggest chasing those down.

Wikipedia is more reliable for static topics, such as highly technical but established information, and historical figures/artefacts. It's generally not so good for present-day people, celebrities and controversial topics (such as, say, "evolution", or "Kanye West".)

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Switch, I'm going to disagree with you. This is support and suggestions specific to the website. It wouldn't make much sense to make a forum section here for other types of support. Notice it is in the "Armorgames" section of the forum and not in the "Courtyard."

psprockz, does your school have a contract with something like Ebsco Host or some type of database to access articles and journals?

psprockz
psprockz
214 posts
Nomad

no they just expect you to find the information you cant even do didle squat here is a link to the skool i am a fith grader

http://ccecbus.com

psprockz
psprockz
214 posts
Nomad

sracth that its http://ccecubs.com

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

That link doesn't work, at least on my computer. I usually do my research at the good old library. Pick a boring day, like Sunday, and put everything aside and go there and research. Grab at least 3 books on your topic, and just work from there!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

psprockz, I don't have to bartend tonight, but I have access to most of the major databases around through the university I attend. I will e-mail 3 articles on him tonight and help you piece it together. So, leave me your email on my profile, okay?

armorkas
armorkas
396 posts
Nomad

Just try out Wikipedia! It has everything. I've used it for at least 10 years, and I ace most of my reports and stuff (and yes, I did use it when I was 4)

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

armorkas, wikipedia was launched in 2001...

Not to mention (as many others have already said) wikipedia is hit or miss. It's great if it is cited properly. Never EVER rely on wikipedia as a real source. In college we got an automatic F if they found us using wikipedia.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

They have a good reason to! I think that site is full of fake info, so I never go to that site for research. I mean anyone can just go in there and change it!

Showing 1-15 of 21