ForumsWEPRAtheism ( is there a God)

42 9246
halo4man
halo4man
39 posts
Nomad

Question to athiests, why are you so against there being a God? and being a atheist(not beliving in a God) kinda proves that there is one because you cant have a anti nothing. Such as there are anti rock people because there is rock music, but there are no anti (lets say) holograph people because there is none.

• 42 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

It's not that we are necessarily against it, it's that there isn't sufficient evidence for the existence of any god/s.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Question to athiests, why are you so against there being a God

Oh boy, you're another one of those.
Let me make one thing clear. We are not against God. We just don't believe in him. Those are two very different things.
being a atheist(not beliving in a God) kinda proves that there is one because you cant have a anti nothing

*facepalm* Buddy, we're not against God. We just don't believe in him. Are you anti-Buddha just because you don't believe in Buddha, or do you not believe in Buddha and therefore are neutral about him?
Such as there are anti rock people because there is rock music, but there are no anti (lets say) holograph people because there is none.

I could say that this is a retarded argument, but let's keep it civil, shall we?
We are NOT anti-God. Where did you get this? We don't believe in God. We do not think God exists. That does not mean we are against God, Christianity, Mormonism, Catholicism, Lutheranism, or any other derivative thereof. Therefore, your argument is void.
halo4man
halo4man
39 posts
Nomad

cool I get it you just dont belive in him. but as far as evidence just look at the world and universe with gravity and quatum physics.does not the big bang (let there be light) show that A God or higher power (whicever you prefer)

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

but as far as evidence just look at the world and universe with gravity and quatum physics.does not the big bang (let there be light) show that A God or higher power (whicever you prefer)

You should probably take this to the Christianity v.s. Atheism thread.
And no...I think that the universe coming out of nothing is slightly more plausible than there being an omniscient being in heaven above. No offense or anything...just my opinion.
halo4man
halo4man
39 posts
Nomad

there is already a thread like that?

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Well, the whole point of faith is believing what hasen't been seen. Some people who need evidence to believe in every little thing.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

why are you so against there being a God

define' Atheist' please, because you 'religious people' are generalizing a big group into only one small sect of the actual group, which is why i'll do the same.

and being a atheist(not beliving in a God) kinda proves that there is one because you cant have a anti nothing

ok then, " well people don't like my music, which is why it's awesome!" "No one eats my Pasta, which is why its so DELICIOUS!" good argument bud, doesn't work. the laws of matter n anti matter n anti's in general only apply to physical, observable things, not an idea or imaginary thing.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

and being a atheist(not beliving in a God) kinda proves that there is one because you cant have a anti nothing.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

You know dragons have to exist otherwise you wouldn't be able to be anti-dragon...

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

for an idea, if it isn't proven, then it can go either way. otherwise one can not be proven over the other because their results differ. its how an experiment works, i can't mprove my theory is right just because that other dude made one that contradicts/ goes against my own theory.

halo4man
halo4man
39 posts
Nomad

God this is going to be a long post

Well...yeah, but so is religion. And of course, calling it a theory won't really do anything. Like...Einstein's Theory of Relativity, for example. Theory!

I have to Agree with you there Hyper GOD is just a theory as it cannot be proven definatly. and as far as the theory of gravity it really should be fact because you can prove it over and over (jump off a building) But Evolution (or Creation) cannot be proven over and over again Except for the fact that we have the wait for it wait FOR IT OMG the BIBLE (Enter Holy Choros) jk

and sir noobalot I can come down to your level I am not a blind Christian I dont try to yell at people to get my point across I just want to have a nice debate and really under stand the other point of veiw.
halo4man
halo4man
39 posts
Nomad

srry wrong post working on two fronts lol

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I have to Agree with you there Hyper GOD is just a theory as it cannot be proven definatly.

I think your getting your threads mixed up dude.
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

ya wrong thread dude i wasn't bitterly ranting in this one XD

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

I have to Agree with you there Hyper GOD is just a theory as it cannot be proven definatly. and as far as the theory of gravity it really should be fact because you can prove it over and over (jump off a building) But Evolution (or Creation) cannot be proven over and over again Except for the fact that we have the wait for it wait FOR IT OMG the BIBLE (Enter Holy Choros) jk

Just because something is called a theory doesn't mean it hasn't been proven. Just lettin ya know.
And I concur with Sorceror Grey Wolf over there. xP.

And...that wasn't a particularly long post. Not to be mean or anything.
Showing 1-15 of 42