Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Atheism ( is there a God)

Thread Locked

Posted Aug 23, '10 at 10:16pm

halo4man

halo4man

39 posts

Question to athiests, why are you so against there being a God? and being a atheist(not beliving in a God) kinda proves that there is one because you cant have a anti nothing. Such as there are anti rock people because there is rock music, but there are no anti (lets say) holograph people because there is none.

Posted Aug 23, '10 at 10:20pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,782 posts

Knight

It's not that we are necessarily against it, it's that there isn't sufficient evidence for the existence of any god/s.

Posted Aug 23, '10 at 10:20pm

Hypermnestra

Hypermnestra

26,725 posts

Question to athiests, why are you so against there being a God

Oh boy, you're another one of those.
Let me make one thing clear. We are not against God. We just don't believe in him. Those are two very different things.
being a atheist(not beliving in a God) kinda proves that there is one because you cant have a anti nothing

*facepalm* Buddy, we're not against God. We just don't believe in him. Are you anti-Buddha just because you don't believe in Buddha, or do you not believe in Buddha and therefore are neutral about him?
Such as there are anti rock people because there is rock music, but there are no anti (lets say) holograph people because there is none.

I could say that this is a retarded argument, but let's keep it civil, shall we?
We are NOT anti-God. Where did you get this? We don't believe in God. We do not think God exists. That does not mean we are against God, Christianity, Mormonism, Catholicism, Lutheranism, or any other derivative thereof. Therefore, your argument is void.

Posted Aug 23, '10 at 10:24pm

halo4man

halo4man

39 posts

cool I get it you just dont belive in him. but as far as evidence just look at the world and universe with gravity and quatum physics.does not the big bang (let there be light) show that A God or higher power (whicever you prefer)

Posted Aug 23, '10 at 10:27pm

Hypermnestra

Hypermnestra

26,725 posts

but as far as evidence just look at the world and universe with gravity and quatum physics.does not the big bang (let there be light) show that A God or higher power (whicever you prefer)

You should probably take this to the Christianity v.s. Atheism thread.
And no...I think that the universe coming out of nothing is slightly more plausible than there being an omniscient being in heaven above. No offense or anything...just my opinion.

Posted Aug 23, '10 at 10:29pm

halo4man

halo4man

39 posts

there is already a thread like that?

Posted Aug 23, '10 at 10:32pm

mdv96

mdv96

1,021 posts

Well, the whole point of faith is believing what hasen't been seen. Some people who need evidence to believe in every little thing.

Posted Aug 23, '10 at 10:33pm

SirNoobalot

SirNoobalot

22,283 posts

why are you so against there being a God

define' Atheist' please, because you 'religious people' are generalizing a big group into only one small sect of the actual group, which is why i'll do the same.

and being a atheist(not beliving in a God) kinda proves that there is one because you cant have a anti nothing

ok then, " well people don't like my music, which is why it's awesome!" "No one eats my Pasta, which is why its so DELICIOUS!" good argument bud, doesn't work. the laws of matter n anti matter n anti's in general only apply to physical, observable things, not an idea or imaginary thing.

Posted Aug 23, '10 at 10:33pm

Drace

Drace

4,043 posts

and being a atheist(not beliving in a God) kinda proves that there is one because you cant have a anti nothing.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Posted Aug 23, '10 at 10:34pm

Drace

Drace

4,043 posts

You know dragons have to exist otherwise you wouldn't be able to be anti-dragon...