ForumsWEPRAtheism ( is there a God)

42 9240
halo4man
halo4man
39 posts
Nomad

Question to athiests, why are you so against there being a God? and being a atheist(not beliving in a God) kinda proves that there is one because you cant have a anti nothing. Such as there are anti rock people because there is rock music, but there are no anti (lets say) holograph people because there is none.

• 42 Replies
halo4man
halo4man
39 posts
Nomad

yeah yeah srry everyone wrong post

but Do yall (country!!) agree that Evolution is closly linked to Athiesm.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Sure. Atheism is the lack of belief in a deity, and it has nothing to do technically with evolution, but that's how I(I can't speak for anyone else) explain part of how life on Earth came to be as it is today.
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

evolution never directly states there is no god, or the lack of belief in a god like atheism, it merely states how life forms and adapts to its surroundings.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Nope, they are not linked. Evolution is the theory of how life changes, explaining the diversity of life. Atheism is the lack of belief in a deity. They have nothing to do with one another.
BenTheBozer
BenTheBozer
815 posts
Nomad

I think he is implying that Evolution was created by atheist's to comabat the chruches thoery on how we were made.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I think he is implying that Evolution was created by atheist's to comabat the chruches thoery on how we were made.

That's not even true.
halo4man
halo4man
39 posts
Nomad

MAge grey wolf I dont belive that I am not a blind christian trying to get you to change your belifs just so you can see the flaws in them

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Question to athiests, why are you so against there being a God? and being a atheist(not beliving in a God) kinda proves that there is one because you cant have a anti nothing. Such as there are anti rock people because there is rock music, but there are no anti (lets say) holograph people because there is none.

*stares dumbfounded* You have perhaps the worst logic in the world. Basically your assertion is: "People don't like it so it must exist". THAT IS INVALID!

Now, as for why I am against religion. I say religion because this is where the whole concept of god starts. And my first reason that I am against religion is becuase of people like yourself halo4man. People who blindy assert beliefs without clear or comprehesible logic. People, in other words, do not think for themselves. They simply believe they are right because their faith in things tells them so.

The second reason I am against religion is because your almight god allows a world of suffering. I am not saying that god should intervene on everything through miracles, but I would like to see god use the system established to...you know help out a bit. How about making the world easier to feed through higher crop yields and what not? He's god he can do it right?

Along that point comes my third reason. I used to be a devout Catholic, but not once through my praying or my pleading for assistance in the times when I needed it most did God come through for me, so I abandoned my foolish beliefs and told myself god wasn't real, because god could have at least sent me a helping hand instead of driving me into a suicidal state at the age of 13. I am better and more compasionate today so you may argue that it was all part of a divine plan, however I am intolerant of ignorance, stupidity, religion, and basically people I do not consider friends or family. I am also highly cynical.

Finally there is not hard evidence. Please point out to me at least ONE speck of evidence that is not the bible. Because the bible does not count. It is a piece of ancient propaganda.
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

MAge grey wolf I dont belive that I am not a blind christian trying to get you to change your belifs just so you can see the flaws in them

Oh wow. Okay. Well, here's some flaws in the Bible.
Well, this is a start on the contradictions and such...
There's also the Nazirites. Let's start with the Nazirites, Samson in particular. If I'm not mistaken, the Bible claims that Nazirites or Nazarites are people especially consecrated to God, correct? And because of this, they never cut their hair and are forbidden to drink wine. However due to this they are super-strong. In the case of Samson, he lost his superpowers because his hair got cut. Care to explain how superpowers exist and why drinking wine/getting hair cut has anything to do with it? If God can do it, why doesn't he do it any more?
There's also Noah's Ark. Noah packed all the creatures into this ark, right? But how did he get them? I mean, wherever this was happening, he can't have gotten animals from all around the world and build a boat large enough to house them, all at the same time. On the other theory, if God helped get the animals to him, why didn't he help Noah build the ark? To test Noah? Then why did he help him get the animals? Do you see what I mean?
Those are just a few of the flaws in the Bible.
And this is just scathing.
halo4man
halo4man
39 posts
Nomad

at hyper i realy dont respond well to sticks

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

at hyper i realy dont respond well to sticks

Sticks? What do you mean?
halo4man
halo4man
39 posts
Nomad

stick figuers AND I AM STOP RESPONDING FOR THIS POST GO TO EVO vs CREATION

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

stick figuers

The point of the videos aren't the graphics, it's what they're saying.
AND I AM STOP RESPONDING FOR THIS POST GO TO EVO vs CREATION

Okay. Also; I think the key you're looking for is in between "Tab" and "Shift".
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

On the other theory, if God helped get the animals to him, why didn't he help Noah build the ark? To test Noah? Then why did he help him get the animals? Do you see what I mean?
Those are just a few of the flaws in the Bible.

And others.

As more and more ancient organisms were dug up by archaeologists, Noah's Ark was in danger of sinking. So modern Creationists formed the idea that Noah's Ark was filled with different kinds of animals. They then added that as time grew on, they evolved into the species we have today.

What is wrong with this paragraph that you can see? I see three obvious ones.

1. They are using Evolution to back up a Creationist claim.

2. They somehow fit in a process that takes hundreds of millions of years into a couple thousand.

3. They didn't sit down and accept defeat, for the animals dug up were FAR before Noah's ark.

Just something I like to discuss, how painful it is to watch as Creationists try to back up their arguments. Some are not as bad as others, mind you; some are actually pretty defensive; others just evoke evangelism.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad
Showing 16-30 of 42