Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Atheism ( is there a God)

Thread Locked

Posted Aug 23, '10 at 10:37pm

SirNoobalot

SirNoobalot

22,282 posts

for an idea, if it isn't proven, then it can go either way. otherwise one can not be proven over the other because their results differ. its how an experiment works, i can't mprove my theory is right just because that other dude made one that contradicts/ goes against my own theory.

Posted Aug 23, '10 at 10:51pm

halo4man

halo4man

39 posts

God this is going to be a long post

Well...yeah, but so is religion. And of course, calling it a theory won't really do anything. Like...Einstein's Theory of Relativity, for example. Theory!

I have to Agree with you there Hyper GOD is just a theory as it cannot be proven definatly. and as far as the theory of gravity it really should be fact because you can prove it over and over (jump off a building) But Evolution (or Creation) cannot be proven over and over again Except for the fact that we have the wait for it wait FOR IT OMG the BIBLE (Enter Holy Choros) jk :)

and sir noobalot I can come down to your level I am not a blind Christian I dont try to yell at people to get my point across I just want to have a nice debate and really under stand the other point of veiw.

Posted Aug 23, '10 at 10:54pm

halo4man

halo4man

39 posts

srry wrong post working on two fronts lol

Posted Aug 23, '10 at 10:54pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,776 posts

Knight

I have to Agree with you there Hyper GOD is just a theory as it cannot be proven definatly.

I think your getting your threads mixed up dude.

Posted Aug 23, '10 at 10:57pm

SirNoobalot

SirNoobalot

22,282 posts

ya wrong thread dude :D i wasn't bitterly ranting in this one XD

Posted Aug 23, '10 at 10:59pm

Hypermnestra

Hypermnestra

26,725 posts

I have to Agree with you there Hyper GOD is just a theory as it cannot be proven definatly. and as far as the theory of gravity it really should be fact because you can prove it over and over (jump off a building) But Evolution (or Creation) cannot be proven over and over again Except for the fact that we have the wait for it wait FOR IT OMG the BIBLE (Enter Holy Choros) jk :)

Just because something is called a theory doesn't mean it hasn't been proven. Just lettin ya know.
And I concur with Sorceror Grey Wolf over there. xP.

And...that wasn't a particularly long post. Not to be mean or anything.

Posted Aug 23, '10 at 11:00pm

halo4man

halo4man

39 posts

yeah yeah srry everyone wrong post

but Do yall (country!!) agree that Evolution is closly linked to Athiesm.

Posted Aug 23, '10 at 11:03pm

Hypermnestra

Hypermnestra

26,725 posts

Sure. Atheism is the lack of belief in a deity, and it has nothing to do technically with evolution, but that's how I(I can't speak for anyone else) explain part of how life on Earth came to be as it is today.

Posted Aug 23, '10 at 11:09pm

SirNoobalot

SirNoobalot

22,282 posts

evolution never directly states there is no god, or the lack of belief in a god like atheism, it merely states how life forms and adapts to its surroundings.

Posted Aug 23, '10 at 11:20pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,776 posts

Knight

Nope, they are not linked. Evolution is the theory of how life changes, explaining the diversity of life. Atheism is the lack of belief in a deity. They have nothing to do with one another.