ForumsWEPRAtheism ( is there a God)

42 9241
halo4man
halo4man
39 posts
Nomad

Question to athiests, why are you so against there being a God? and being a atheist(not beliving in a God) kinda proves that there is one because you cant have a anti nothing. Such as there are anti rock people because there is rock music, but there are no anti (lets say) holograph people because there is none.

• 42 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,250 posts
Regent

being a atheist(not beliving in a God) kinda proves that there is one because you cant have a anti nothing.

I have a question for you halo4man, and I mean it seriously (means I want an honest answer from you): do you believe in fairies, trolls, Nessie and Allah? Because I don't, so according to you these things should exist. Right?
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Allah is the same God as the Christian one - he believes in Allah, Yahweh, God - whatever you wanna call it.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,250 posts
Regent

Ok, so let's change Allah to, say, Osiris; or Seth - who is really not the same god bah, just insert a random deity not associated to monotheistic religion...

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

The Egyptian religion is polytheistic, like Greek and Norse...
But Krishna, Buddha, etc. etc. are monotheistic. =D

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,250 posts
Regent

I know, I know

bah, just insert a random deity not associated to monotheistic religion...

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Hinduism isn't exactly monotheistic. There are three main divinities, Bhrama, vishnu and shiva and Krishna is Vishnu's eight avatar (I mean the incarnation, not the blue na'vi guy).

However remember that a part of atheist people is agnostic,

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

However remember that a part of atheist people is agnostic,

No...atheists are people who don't believe in any deity. Agnostics are people who don't have knowledge or claim to have knowledge about religion or deities. Different.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,250 posts
Regent

No...atheists are people who don't believe in any deity. Agnostics are people who don't have knowledge or claim to have knowledge about religion or deities. Different.

First, agnosticism doesn't handle your knowledge of religion or deities. It only says you can't prove anything, no matter how good you know religions. Second, yes, they are different things, but are associable; many atheists here are agnostic atheists, me included. Because I know there is no way to prove anything in religion, still I don't believe.
xBHWKxUSAx
xBHWKxUSAx
121 posts
Nomad

Somebody who's atheist doesn't mean their 'anti-god'. I don't believe gorillas with 7 eyes and machine guns as arms exist but I think it would be pretty cool if they did. The way I see it god when you view it from the three major monotheistic religions can't exist. If god is all-powerful, all-knowing and good why does evil still exist on earth?

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

First, agnosticism doesn't handle your knowledge of religion or deities. It only says you can't prove anything, no matter how good you know religions. Second, yes, they are different things, but are associable; many atheists here are agnostic atheists, me included. Because I know there is no way to prove anything in religion, still I don't believe.

Agnosticism and gnosticism are also both part of deism as well, though.
pickleshack
pickleshack
356 posts
Nomad

I think relativism works. Let people believe what they want to believe, perhaps they will get what they want in the end. Obviously, there is no empirical evidence to suggest the existence of a god but, if adhering to some philosophy based in a world where there is one makes you happy, go ahead.

I accept the ambiguity of it all.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

Yup its a other human that cannot take unknown as an answer. Humans do not know everything, but they do create reasons for stuff they do not understand...like "god".

Showing 31-42 of 42