Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Atheism ( is there a God)

Thread Locked

Posted Aug 24, '10 at 9:00am

Avorne

Avorne

3,224 posts

Posted Aug 24, '10 at 9:48am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,043 posts

Knight

being a atheist(not beliving in a God) kinda proves that there is one because you cant have a anti nothing.

I have a question for you halo4man, and I mean it seriously (means I want an honest answer from you): do you believe in fairies, trolls, Nessie and Allah? Because I don't, so according to you these things should exist. Right?

Posted Aug 24, '10 at 9:50am

Avorne

Avorne

3,224 posts

Allah is the same God as the Christian one - he believes in Allah, Yahweh, God - whatever you wanna call it.

Posted Aug 24, '10 at 9:52am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,043 posts

Knight

Ok, so let's change Allah to, say, Osiris; or Seth - who is really not the same god ;) bah, just insert a random deity not associated to monotheistic religion...

Posted Aug 24, '10 at 10:08am

Hypermnestra

Hypermnestra

1,283 posts

The Egyptian religion is polytheistic, like Greek and Norse...
But Krishna, Buddha, etc. etc. are monotheistic. =D

Posted Aug 24, '10 at 10:52am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,043 posts

Knight

I know, I know

bah, just insert a random deity not associated to monotheistic religion...

;)

Posted Aug 24, '10 at 10:53am

gaboloth

gaboloth

1,372 posts

Hinduism isn't exactly monotheistic. There are three main divinities, Bhrama, vishnu and shiva and Krishna is Vishnu's eight avatar (I mean the incarnation, not the blue na'vi guy).

However remember that a part of atheist people is agnostic,

Posted Aug 24, '10 at 11:00am

Hypermnestra

Hypermnestra

1,283 posts

However remember that a part of atheist people is agnostic,

No...atheists are people who don't believe in any deity. Agnostics are people who don't have knowledge or claim to have knowledge about religion or deities. Different.

Posted Aug 24, '10 at 11:37am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,043 posts

Knight

No...atheists are people who don't believe in any deity. Agnostics are people who don't have knowledge or claim to have knowledge about religion or deities. Different.

First, agnosticism doesn't handle your knowledge of religion or deities. It only says you can't prove anything, no matter how good you know religions. Second, yes, they are different things, but are associable; many atheists here are agnostic atheists, me included. Because I know there is no way to prove anything in religion, still I don't believe.

Posted Aug 24, '10 at 12:02pm

xBHWKxUSAx

xBHWKxUSAx

117 posts

Somebody who's atheist doesn't mean their 'anti-god'. I don't believe gorillas with 7 eyes and machine guns as arms exist but I think it would be pretty cool if they did. The way I see it god when you view it from the three major monotheistic religions can't exist. If god is all-powerful, all-knowing and good why does evil still exist on earth?