ForumsSupport ForumGetting Merits is Impossible

34 6122
blazer4579
blazer4579
22 posts
Nomad

Getting merits is way too hard. You take all this time to write a thoughtful review and then five minutes later about 50 other people have written comments and yours is lost forever. How are you supposed to earn merits like that!!!???!?!?

• 34 Replies
escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

I have to agree with that
There is no way to make it easier though...

blazer4579
blazer4579
22 posts
Nomad

i know!!!!!!! i still can't get over it. i wrote a well thought long review for castle guardian and now its gone. booooooo. the moderators should click the all reviews for the latest games and look at all the long reviews to make it fairer. if they dont do that then its just a matter of luck whether or not they are looking at that game just as you post your review

nemo12
nemo12
723 posts
Nomad

Well you have to give the maker of the game all the details of what you think about the game and how he/she can improve it.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

You just have to pray; gaining merits is a good part of chance.
I won my first 4 from game comments and my other 3 from forum contests so if you think commenting on games is a lost cause you can always try your hand at the poetry contests ^^.

blazer4579
blazer4579
22 posts
Nomad

nemo12 i do give details but it gets lost by 50 other people commenting after me.

blazer4579
blazer4579
22 posts
Nomad

nope, i can't do poetry

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

We had this problem once before, and I believed it was solved with some referral system. Essentially, everyone needs to participate in order for it to work properly. You go through some comments and recommend a comment for merit. You cannot submit your own and you cannot abuse alliances.

But something like that.

blazer4579
blazer4579
22 posts
Nomad

oh. but not many people will do that

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Disclaimer: This will have anger and general displeasedness. And I don't care.
Also, this is not personal in any way, your topic just hit a big, angry nerve. Sorry for that, or something.

Excuse me, but this, please.

Boo hoo, mods don't look for merits, boo hoo, I used so much time! Well, BOO HOO! I used 3 hours of my day on going through games and rewarding merits, and all I get is this. Another kid complaining that they should get their reward because they used time to write what they think is totally merit worthy and awesome.
SO, if you would please stop whining and just move on. Chances are, no, FACTS are that it will be found sooner or later, and rewarded, if it is seen fit. If it is not seen as merit worthy, then at least you have moved on and probably written a lot of other good comments. And even better: You comment will not be deleted as spam,
because you actually cared to write a longer comment.

Otherwise I will make a thread here saying "Getting the proper f!ing respect is IMpossible!".
And you know what? I haven't had TIME to even THINK about writing a darn game comment the last half a year. So BOO HOO, where is MY merit!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

No, it worked previously. I just don't know what happened.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Getting merits is way too hard. You take all this time to write a thoughtful review and then five minutes later about 50 other people have written comments and yours is lost forever. How are you supposed to earn merits like that!!!???!?!?

i know!!!!!!! i still can't get over it. i wrote a well thought long review for castle guardian and now its gone. booooooo. the moderators should click the all reviews for the latest games and look at all the long reviews to make it fairer. if they dont do that then its just a matter of luck whether or not they are looking at that game just as you post your review

It's complaints like this that make me not want to look for comments. And I have it in my head that the next person who complains about not getting merits means I won't be giving merits to anyone, so they can all be satisfied in their complaining and I'll leave it to the other mods. If a mod is going to look at the comments, they're going to look at all the comments for the game. It's ridiculous otherwise. What do you think we do? Just look at the 5 comments on the front page and that's it? Such implications are a great disservice to the moderators who take their time to look at the comments, especially the games on the front page that are surely to be inundated with new comments. Merits are not instantaneous awards.
Protofai
Protofai
228 posts
Nomad

Look, Merits are not for whiners. Just because you made this post you might not ever get a merit. Don't go looking for Merits, cause you wont get them.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Another thing, btw: Some 5 hours ago I went through that game. And deleted all the spam. I WENT THROUGH THAT VERY GAME. So, you might think it seem utterly pointless to write comments, because they get buried. Well, so does the hard work we do. No one is going to thank us for the job, no rather people will whine and claim we don't do it. As said in the link I posted on the other page: I reward an average of one merit a game, not because I am strict, but because there is nothing that remotely looks like a merit. Rather it is nothing but spam, page up, page down. Mods go delete the spam, people go to the forums and complain.
And, to be honest, your review could have been better. It looks clumsily written to me, and while it is of a decent length, and reviewish, it seems like something you forced out for the sole purpose of a merit, which this thread pretty much shows is true. Perhaps, if I wasn't pissed completely off that someone will go whine about the work I have done, I could have granted you those foolish 25ap, but not today.

To everyone else:
We DO look for merits. We DO reward them. We DO what we can. I have begun looking through the new games, Gantic check the old (and is doing a completely awesome job sweeping up the spam, and giving out the petty points.
The only problem I see with all this is that people will conclude that if THEY don't get a merit the moment they submit, or after an hour, they will never get one, and the mods are not doing anything but sit with our high hats, monocle and say
"Well, I log on today."
"Quite a daring action, I say."
"Indeed. More tea?"
We don't.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Ahem.

You do not write a merit. You write a review of the game, and maybe it will get rewarded with a merit.

That is all I have to add. Stop thinking you should have a reward for something you should have done because you wanted to do it.

Protofai
Protofai
228 posts
Nomad

Rather it is nothing but spam, page up, page down.

Yup. I ain't a mod, but I read through all the comments if I need some help with the game. Here's my experience:

"Good game"
"Ok, could be better"
"6/10"
"sux."
"I liked it"
"It wuz 2 hard"
"i cant beat lvl 13!!!!"
&quotretty good, 8/10"

See, no help at all...
Showing 1-15 of 34