Nomad

i cant draw leg anyone have some tips

• 11 Replies
sonnymasta
sonnymasta
294 posts
Peasant

sketch.
try to look at some examples and try to draw legs.

hope this helps!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

What kind of leg are you looking at kama? I would suggest learning anatomy- it's really handy. Then lots of practice!

sonnymasta
sonnymasta
294 posts
Peasant

yeah strop is right.

kamakid
kamakid
54 posts
Nomad

thx guys

KichiProwerxX
KichiProwerxX
140 posts
Nomad

Try Doing A Slight Line, Then For The Knee, Twirl The Pencil To Make It Curve Out And Look More Real... Then Make The Calves A Little Skinny-Er Then The Thighs Down To The Knees, Then If They're Bare Foot, Just Draw Ze Foot, And Woolah! XD

Karoc
Karoc
433 posts
Nomad

Just draw a tree without the leaves... and a knee cap lol..

hierensi
hierensi
40 posts
Nomad

if you suck at drawing legs you should draw people wearing baggy pants XD

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

Baggy pants is a good idea. Also, for a more stylized leg (especially for females) you can basically draw two tall, thin triangles with the points touching in the middle (the knee).

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

It all depends on how you draw, personally i never got into drawing simple shapes and starting from there. In fact I am not very good at drawing humans from the top of my head...

...though I will admit that I have gotten better after drawing other people. As Sonny said, sketch other people's legs.

Learning about anatomy is a thing you should do in your spare time. I took anatomy class thinking it would help me become familure with the human body (which in turn would help me draw it better) but to be honest, it was a bloody mistake >.< If you want to learn about human anatomy go to a local library or something and do not take any classes unless your good at that type of stuff or your going into the medical feild.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Actually, NoName, that's a good point. When I said "learn anatomy" I didn't mean "learn medical anatomy", because this is very difficult. The only reason I took such a formal approach (and consequentially the only reason I have a nearly complete understanding of musculo-skeletal human anatomy) is because of the years I spend studying it as part of my professional studies.

If you're not interested so much in actively learning "what type of joint does what bone have with each other" "what kind of muscle attaches and where does it attach" and all that, then you're better off looking up nude references yourself for real-life examples, or else buying one of those "How To Draw Anatomy" books that take an artistic approach. Learning by example is probably more effective, anyway.

ace11ace11
ace11ace11
83 posts
Nomad

try drawing three vertical lines about half an inch away from each other but make the middel one shorter and for the knees wright u's in the middle of the outside lines and the inside line and make the u's wide

Showing 1-11 of 11