ForumsArt, Music, and WritingCommunity Tile Project - Autumn 2010

156 37837
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Welcome to the First Community Tile Project, the Community Tile Project of Autumn 2010!

So what is it exactly?

You, the user, are given a 50 by 50 pixel tile to fill in relating to the current theme of the Project. The theme for this Project is Your Username. Accepted tiles will be added to the image at the bottom of this post. I have already filled in the first tile. The Project will end when there are 100 tiles or at the end of September, whichever comes first. Hopefully we can get as many entries as possible.

There are several things to keep in mind when making your tiles:

-Entries must be 50 by 50 pixels. Smaller entries will need filler to be up to size requirements.
-One entry per user. You may revise your entry at any time before the end of the project.
-Entry must relate to your username. If it isn't immediately obvious, explanation may be necessary.
-Entries should be submitted before October 1st.

Get your entries in before October 1st and we'll see how this turns out. Feel free to post any questions or comments you have about the Project.

Community Tile Project - Autumn 2010 - Usernames
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/Tiles/CTAut10.gif
NOTE: You may need to hard refresh or clear your cache to view the latest image.

• 156 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Nice looking one you've got Professor.

Fifteen now.. I'm excited as usual.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@kingryan
At first I thought it was some stickdude leaning backward on his arms and out of the frame. Then I realized that it was an 'R'. You image looks like it has some minor transparency going on because a gray border shows up.

@Mayatoto
Wall-climbing cats! Awesome. And the only accepted entry without any letters so far.

@The Nutty Proffessor
Maybe you should've never had your username corrected. I mean, making the same mistake when the theme of this is Your Username has gotta say something. It looks great, but unfortunately, I will not accept yours because it is basically Pokemon fan art.

Image has been updated to 14.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

I will not accept yours because it is basically Pokemon fan art.

But... it's my username?

. . .
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Why don't you draw something related to oaks?

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

It wasn't too hard to find...

Thank you for undermining my efforts to help this project.
-sarcasm
Mayatoto
Mayatoto
30 posts
Nomad

Actually one of the cats was supposed to be upside down and the other rightway up, but I changed it when I was playing around and posted it like that by accident... but I like it better that way.

Prof Oak, it was a really cool one, so I hope you aren't discouraged. I guess this makes it harder if your username is based off a cartoon character. Hmm maybe an acorn with glasses or something?

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

But it's my username? I should be able to use it. But if I don't get him to allow it, I will definitely use your idea of an acorn with glasses, haha. Thanks.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@ProfessorOak
While it's only technical infringement, it's still technical infringement, unless you have something saying you can use it. I know they don't crack down on it (and cracking down on it would be a waste of everyone's time) but it's not an excuse to infringe and I don't cross that line. As Prof. Oak is primarily a graphical character, it makes it harder, so unless you have something saying you can use it, I won't use it. I'm confused in such an area because it's so full of fog, landmines, and steep cliffs that I don't even want to walk through it. If Prof. Oak was primarily a character in written form only, then I'd accept it.

Here is how I look at it. Outside of this Project, outside of context, the individual entries are essentially:
-A signature
-A name
-Letters/initials with nationality
-An unregistered trademark
-A name
-An image with a name
-Greek letters/numberals
-A name
-A letter
-A name in an image
-La
-An image with a name
-An R with a crown
-Cats

Yours would be
-Pokemon fan art

@goumas13
Now how is his entry coming along? :P Yeah, I realize that most users don't actually venture past the Tavern so they wouldn't know this existed if they don't go to this forum or look at my profile (though I don't think anyone ha come here through my profile.)

@Mayatoto
It looks awesome like that. Now I gotta figure out which one was upside down.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

Your loss without my awesome tile! ;3

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Just a question here: If I make it in photoshop I would put in photobucket or something to get the url? Any prefernces on jpegs or pings etc.?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Yes, you would need to upload the image to an image host and then post it here.

Any image file type is fine. Just know that if you submit anything but GIF, there will be minor loss in image quality.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Hmm maybe an acorn with glasses or something?

I was thinking about a wizened looking oak tree with glasses.
Mayatoto
Mayatoto
30 posts
Nomad

A wizened oak would be cool. Just thinking acorn would be easier to draw. Could he keep the same pic and just sub a tree or acorn coming out of the head where the face would be? hee hee

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Aye.

It took me a few minutes after I made that post to realize the difficulty.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

Yeah, especially doing it as pixel art.

I'm sure I'll do it eventually, but I am too lazy right now.

Showing 61-75 of 156