ForumsArt, Music, and WritingCommunity Tile Project - Autumn 2010

156 37802
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Welcome to the First Community Tile Project, the Community Tile Project of Autumn 2010!

So what is it exactly?

You, the user, are given a 50 by 50 pixel tile to fill in relating to the current theme of the Project. The theme for this Project is Your Username. Accepted tiles will be added to the image at the bottom of this post. I have already filled in the first tile. The Project will end when there are 100 tiles or at the end of September, whichever comes first. Hopefully we can get as many entries as possible.

There are several things to keep in mind when making your tiles:

-Entries must be 50 by 50 pixels. Smaller entries will need filler to be up to size requirements.
-One entry per user. You may revise your entry at any time before the end of the project.
-Entry must relate to your username. If it isn't immediately obvious, explanation may be necessary.
-Entries should be submitted before October 1st.

Get your entries in before October 1st and we'll see how this turns out. Feel free to post any questions or comments you have about the Project.

Community Tile Project - Autumn 2010 - Usernames
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/Tiles/CTAut10.gif
NOTE: You may need to hard refresh or clear your cache to view the latest image.

• 156 Replies
ianhq
ianhq
150 posts
Nomad

so what do we do?

ABarOfSoap
ABarOfSoap
230 posts
Nomad

Create a tile, must be 50x50 Pixels, and it must describe your name. For example, mine, in which I drew a bar of soap.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

@Soap:

Unarguably the best tile I've seen from here that represents a username XD

samy
samy
4,874 posts
Nomad

Hrm, glad I discovered this before the deadline. On that note I have to figure out what to draw that represents samy.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

A fish? Samy? Geddit?

I don't know. I recognize you for your armatar though, so maybe a penguin? If you're good at drawing those?

samy
samy
4,874 posts
Nomad

A penguin eating a fish o' samy it is.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@knight_pr0n
You can do better than Bantic. I think you know better than to reveal personal information about another user.

@ABrickOfSoap
What font is that? It is a little hard to read at this size.

@ianhq
All you need to do is to submit a 50x50 pixel picture you made that relates to your username.

@Troglokhan
Of course it's inarguable if you think it's the best you've seen.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Of course it's inarguable if you think it's the best you've seen.

But if others think so, THEN what will you say? Ohhh.....

Hmm...someting dat will attract others for another theme..... something that many people like. Well we are kinda due for an Autumn armatar contest that isn't really a contest.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@Samy
You should try fitting a Gantic in one of those things. Might I suggest a samy sammich?

@Effinmug
No. I meant we can't argue that it's the best you've seen because we're not in your head, but anyone can argue that it's the best there is.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

@Pedantic: ohhh....I geddit.

Now that I look at my F there, I see that it needs some work. It will have to do though, since if I revise it, it won't get done before the deadline.

I'd much rather work on a different theme though

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I've already got plans for the next one which will allow limited multiple submissions (because it doesn't look as good if one or a handful of users made a large portion of the tiles and it's supposed to be a community effort) of a different size and shape tile. Depending on my own schedule the next one will either start late-October or late-November. As a side note, armatar contests are effectively on an indefinite hiatus for obvious reasons of which there are no details.

Updated Count to um, +1 of whatever it was which should be 18!

KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

I recently heard that my name origins from the Norwegian word of a kettle. I could of do that instead..and somehow get that Kenyan coat of arms in there. My name is Keld -Kjell - something - Norwegian kettle...

OBS: [Information is from a secure source]

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

[quote=Frantic]You can do better than Bantic. I think you know better than to reveal personal information about another user.[/quote]

I do know better.

I believe the current theme was rather limiting. Some people I talked to had no idea what to do with their username. Hopefully the next theme will attract more people, which I'm sure it will.

So this is why Knight kept forcing me to make a tile. Well, I haven't been able to work on it...But it's Saturday right now...I might make one.

Yes Queen Vinster.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Yes Queen Vinster.

Seriously, stop with that...

But I dunno what fits my name...

@G-Man
Give me ideas. D:
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

My queen, I cannot cease addressing thee with the utmost respect I am able to offer.

Showing 106-120 of 156