Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

GameMaker 7

Posted Apr 24, '08 at 9:55am

Moose

Moose

9 posts

Does anybody else know this application? I've used it but only for e3xtremly simple games.

What I'm asking is that is there any site I could go to to get a guide for more advanced games?

Posted Apr 24, '08 at 3:40pm

Tydus

Tydus

264 posts

If you want to get into more serious stuff, read some tutorials on Google. I found this when searching, but there's so many more. As far as programs for more advanced games, if you're not ready to take the plunge into Flash, try XNA. Remember: Game Maker is incredibly simple. You're about to step into tougher stuff.

Posted Apr 24, '08 at 5:36pm

Tydus

Tydus

264 posts

Never even heard of it before.

You've never heard of Game Maker? God, it's been around for ages. The only thing it's really okay for is making cheap RPGs, but by all means it's a good start.

Posted Apr 24, '08 at 5:48pm

turkishmaniaca

turkishmaniaca

261 posts

I gave up on game making....way to hard for me even on gamemaker 7..i would wait till ur done with college and then take some classes

Posted Apr 24, '08 at 6:11pm

Moose

Moose

9 posts

Hmm SwitchFoot good band.

lol I took a little kidy class a year ago that used the program

Oh and if I waited till Im out of college it would be in 9 to 13 years my friend

Posted Apr 24, '08 at 6:12pm

Moose

Moose

9 posts

Go to Yo-Yogames.com and you can download it there

Posted Apr 24, '08 at 6:29pm

Moose

Moose

9 posts

but you have to unfortunately sign-up to the site also (which it too free) I might post the game I made for laughs but it is on the desktop computer when I finally get on it

Posted Apr 24, '08 at 9:58pm

blah569

blah569

1 post

I used GM along time ago in around 2003-2004. I eventually moved on to more professional programming, like C++/PHP. I do a lot more then just PHP/C++.

Posted Apr 24, '08 at 10:38pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

I heard of it before its pretty simple but even advanced games look bad I didn't spend much time playing with it before I realized It sucks and moved on to flash >.<"

Posted Apr 25, '08 at 7:36am

Moose

Moose

9 posts

Ha well it is good for people wh don't know how to write any form of code

Reply to GameMaker 7

You must be logged in to post a reply!