Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

[REFERENCE INFO] Game Creator's Useful Links

Thread Locked

Posted Aug 13, '11 at 11:03pm

ExplosionsHurt

ExplosionsHurt

247 posts

Ah well, I already have it, so no need to pirate it.

I just wanted to know if there was a cheaper way of buying it, so that I know next time.

Posted Aug 14, '11 at 2:41pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,549 posts

Student edition of flash cs5.5 is $180 dollars that's as cheap as it's gonna ever get.

Posted Aug 18, '11 at 7:13pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,090 posts

N0Nickname, discussion of how to obtain free software, aka pirating, is taboo around here.

Posted Aug 30, '11 at 4:40am

ExplosionsHurt

ExplosionsHurt

247 posts

Obtaining free software isn't always pirating. Like, what if someone bought a copy and gave it to you?

Posted Sep 11, '11 at 4:07pm

Awesomeyi

Awesomeyi

67 posts

Well, you can obtain adobe flash for free by downloading the trial version, blocking some websites and entering some fake serials.

Posted Sep 13, '11 at 4:55am

ExplosionsHurt

ExplosionsHurt

247 posts

OR you could use Deep Freeze.

Anyway, I don't think this is the most extensive list of links ever. Here are some sites that were invaluable during the development of my game.

Newgrounds Audio Portal
A great site with many different tunes. Be sure to give credit before you use anything from it though.

Audacity
This is also a great tool to change the pitch and light editing of music. It can also record if you can play an instrument.

Inkscape
Inkscape is a free vector graphics drawer. It can be useful if you're looking for a more extensive drawing tool than Flash's inbult stuff, but it has a steep learning curve IMO.

Stencyl
Stencyl is a free flash game creator. It is more forgiving than Flash in many ways, so it could be a good way for a person with no experimence to start.

ASGamer and MJW
Both provide great tips and code to help with complicated things in Flash, like garbage collection and easing.

300 Mechanics
An unfortunately inactive attempt to create 300 fresh mechanics in 300 days. Stuck for ideas? Have a looksee here.

FlashDevelop
FlashDevelop is useful even if you already use Flash. Flash has a pretty bad inbuilt code editor, and FlashDevelop does it a lot faster. It puts in import statements automatically, makes your event listener functions automatically, and a lot more.

Secret Weapon
A very useful site where you can simply put your problem in the textbox and it comes up with ways to solve it. Very useful indeed.

Posted Dec 6, '11 at 4:04pm

johnnyboy3636

johnnyboy3636

34 posts

this is out of date we are on version 8.1 of gamemaker but great links

Posted Dec 7, '11 at 4:21pm

johnnyboy3636

johnnyboy3636

34 posts

very helpful

Posted Dec 27, '11 at 2:00pm

gamerzakiullah

gamerzakiullah

43 posts

gamemaker is not free......it requires around 30 bucks....

Posted Jan 2, '12 at 1:58pm

mysteryguy90

mysteryguy90

22 posts

Why did gamemaker have to raise the price to $30?