ForumsProgramming Forum[REFERENCE INFO] Game Creator's Useful Links

161 112709
Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

Programs

Adobe Flash CS3 - Newest version of Flash and the first to be published by Adobe. This is the ONLY program that Armor Games supports for games on the website, unless you have another way to create an .swf file.
Cost: $699 (30-Day Free Trial Available roduct=flash">HERE)

Game Maker 7 - An extremely popular program that's used by many indy developers to create games. It's extremely easy to use, and is great for those of you starting out.
Cost: Free!

This topic is a work in progress and will be edited to include more programs at a later date. If you want to see a program added, or need help with game development, please leave me a comment of my userpage. Thank you.

• 161 Replies
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

Another thing to help widen your view of games is gamesaled. It is used for Iphone and Ipad games as well as android. Super easy to use and it is free.

murkus
murkus
4 posts
Blacksmith

I dished out the money several years back for adobe flash CS2. I recently started coming up with designs for a game idea i've been mulling over, and i was wondering- when you guys say you only accept flash games- does that mean only flash CS3 games? or will CS2 work just fine as well. I probably could go out and buy CS3, but i also have 4 years college experience learning CS2, and once you get really used to one layout, you don't really wanna upgrade, you know?

All that matters is that its in SWF format right?

PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

All that matters is that its in SWF format right?

Exactly. It's even possible to submit a game made with Flash MX 2004 - though I wouldn't recommend it, AS3 is there for a reason

(And yes, you can make your code in either AS2 or AS3 with your CS2 version)
PhsycoDragon
PhsycoDragon
40 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the language sugestions!

PhsycoDragon
PhsycoDragon
40 posts
Nomad

I see CS6 is out, help...

PhsycoDragon
PhsycoDragon
40 posts
Nomad

What is the latest file requirements for Armor Games

PhsycoDragon
PhsycoDragon
40 posts
Nomad

If SWF format is all that matters would GameMaker:Studio work?

Lord_Vin
Lord_Vin
2 posts
Peasant

A friend of mine want's to start making games, and I've been keeping an eye out for anything he might be able to use to make a flash game. So far all the stuff I've seen has been either incredibly hard and complicated, or ridiculously condescending and template-based.
Does anyone one know of a happy middle ground? If there's a happy middle ground? I know there isn't much for mac out there but surely someone must of made something...

TheEpic_Killer
TheEpic_Killer
7 posts
Nomad

Thanks For Links

ozman9897
ozman9897
2 posts
Nomad

Does Armor Games except games made in Game Maker 8 Lite?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Does Armor Games except games made in Game Maker 8 Lite?

No, and I really don't recommend making games with GameMaker whatsoever. It's an Ok tool for learning, but it isn't of good quality.
gladiator999999
gladiator999999
66 posts
Nomad

Does anyone know what is the program which uses CrazyMonkey to make games?

shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

Interest how people don't go here. I don't know anyone here except Dank and Salvidian.

So, who makes games here?

TchMeHowToSULLY
TchMeHowToSULLY
13 posts
Peasant

Ok i'm gonna try out both of these. Thanks

feri13
feri13
3 posts
Herald

is using it so hard?

Showing 136-150 of 161