ForumsProgramming Forum[REFERENCE INFO] Game Creator's Useful Links

161 112738
Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

Programs

Adobe Flash CS3 - Newest version of Flash and the first to be published by Adobe. This is the ONLY program that Armor Games supports for games on the website, unless you have another way to create an .swf file.
Cost: $699 (30-Day Free Trial Available roduct=flash">HERE)

Game Maker 7 - An extremely popular program that's used by many indy developers to create games. It's extremely easy to use, and is great for those of you starting out.
Cost: Free!

This topic is a work in progress and will be edited to include more programs at a later date. If you want to see a program added, or need help with game development, please leave me a comment of my userpage. Thank you.

• 161 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

If Adobe costs 700$ and the other one is free, I'll assume Adobe is a lot better.

Drovosek
Drovosek
57 posts
Nomad

700$ oO It is not necessary that

Rellic
Rellic
34 posts
Nomad

Yeah.. The GM7 Link For DownLoading It Doesnt Work For Me...

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

I would have to say, If you buy adobe cs2 I think

You would at least use it for collage or anything in you're future jobs.

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Two stuff:

1. I have Flash 8, but how can i get CS3 without paying?
2. Is there GameMaker 7 for Macs?

Thanks.

Ogt

jb701926
jb701926
283 posts
Nomad

I don't know why the links aren't working... just got to YoyoGames.com and click on "Make" and download GM7. It's not hard.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I think many people who want to buy the best flash program for cheap could find this useful.

Student Discount

by the way it is full version,and can be used the same way as if you were to spend $700 on it.You just need to be a k-12 student or meet one of the other requirements that are listed in the link.Anyways that link will take you to a page where they sell Adobe Flash CS4 Pro for $250.I hope you find that useful.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

well i got a link to a free 3d program, you can make games but not swf.[url=http://www.blender.org/].

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

sorry
Blender

IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

I can vouch for the greatness of Blender.

It takes a while to get used to the new controls, but once you do, you start wishing that all programs were like that. All of the key shortcuts etc make working so much faster.

If anyone needs some help getting started, I can redirect you to a few good tutorials and give you help along the way.

Unathorizdwatermelon
Unathorizdwatermelon
16 posts
Nomad

thanks for the links! helped a lot

Beanis
Beanis
26 posts
Nomad

Well, does the game maker seven make it available for us to submit the games we make on armor games?

alsage
alsage
132 posts
Nomad

game maker sucks

swibbo
swibbo
2 posts
Nomad

Gamemaker is OK, but only for amateurs. It's OK for kids and whatnot, but other than that, it sucks

swibbo
swibbo
2 posts
Nomad

There are a few decent games made with GM, but they are few and far between

Showing 31-45 of 161