ForumsProgramming Forum[REFERENCE INFO] Game Creator's Useful Links

164 59876
Tydus
Tydus
240 posts

Programs

Adobe Flash CS3 - Newest version of Flash and the first to be published by Adobe. This is the ONLY program that Armor Games supports for games on the website, unless you have another way to create an .swf file.
Cost: $699 (30-Day Free Trial Available roduct=flash">HERE)

Game Maker 7 - An extremely popular program that's used by many indy developers to create games. It's extremely easy to use, and is great for those of you starting out.
Cost: Free!

This topic is a work in progress and will be edited to include more programs at a later date. If you want to see a program added, or need help with game development, please leave me a comment of my userpage. Thank you.

• 164 Replies
ucn
ucn
3 posts

nice links, but game maker sucks

swibbo
swibbo
2 posts

Gamemaker is OK, but only for amateurs. It's OK for kids and whatnot, but other than that, it sucks

swibbo
swibbo
2 posts

There are a few decent games made with GM, but they are few and far between

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,148 posts

I like GM.
I can make some halfway-decent games in it, and it's a lot cheaper than Adobe Flash... =)

JereN
JereN
197 posts

I quick question...in the first post is says that adobe flash cs3 is the ONLY program that can be used to make games for AG site...does this mean that I CAN'T use my Macromedia flash 2004 MX??? it does .swf files and all :S

so do I need to buy the new flash or is my old one good enough?

titanium_man
titanium_man
47 posts

I think I'll try the game maker. Most of the games on there look pretty decent... And I bet I could do quite a bit there.

lancerios
lancerios
1 posts

hi man if I make a game whit game maker I can't upload it( I know that and why) so my question is how can I transfer a .exe or .zip to .swf
can I do that¿¿?? thnks and the other link is too expensive is $700 ok bye guys
lance
if u need a good drawing hand ask to me

Talo
Talo
950 posts

I know there are some free Flash Micromedia downloads, anyone know a good site for them?

fire12345111
fire12345111
4 posts

Can I make a game maker 7 game and put it on armor games?

clipmaster3
clipmaster3
106 posts

I quick question...in the first post is says that adobe flash cs3 is the ONLY program that can be used to make games for AG site...does this mean that I CAN'T use my Macromedia flash 2004 MX??? it does .swf files and all :S

anything that exports to .swf files will work; cs3 is just the most commonly used one. flex sdk, etc works too
filip09
filip09
29 posts

to make a game is hardest think ever

Cowmaster100
Cowmaster100
37 posts

Game maker sucks, flash rules. End of story. BTW flash is worth the money, kind of hard to use, but worth it.

mystera
mystera
39 posts

Flash is an awesome software! Not good at coding though...I love interface designing though!

Fighterlegend
Fighterlegend
44 posts

There's always LiveSwif..

http://www.liveswifers.org/

stijnhero
stijnhero
22 posts

realy ty im getting adobe flash cs4 now.!

Showing 46-60 of 164