ForumsProgramming Forum[REFERENCE INFO] Game Creator's Useful Links

164 59395
Tydus
Tydus
243 posts

Programs

Adobe Flash CS3 - Newest version of Flash and the first to be published by Adobe. This is the ONLY program that Armor Games supports for games on the website, unless you have another way to create an .swf file.
Cost: $699 (30-Day Free Trial Available HERE)

Game Maker 7 - An extremely popular program that's used by many indy developers to create games. It's extremely easy to use, and is great for those of you starting out.
Cost: Free!

This topic is a work in progress and will be edited to include more programs at a later date. If you want to see a program added, or need help with game development, please leave me a comment of my userpage. Thank you.

• 164 Replies
singid25
singid25
1,262 posts

I'm in a little of a giff... I am planning to ask for Flash pro cs4 for christmas but I'm 13.... I've already downloaded Gamemaker 7, I've made my first game with it (the game is obviously bad >.>) but I'm wondering, should I continue with gamemaker until I'm familiar with it or should I get going with flash? Advise would be much appreciated!

Programpro
Programpro
567 posts

Here's a good one:

www.soundsnap.com

It's a database of community-made/submitted royalty-free sounds. And it's all legal, because these were sounds submitted by the users of the site.

C'mon! Grow this thread!

devilkingx
devilkingx
17 posts

byond

www.byond.com

search 'byond' without quotes on youtube the video for dbz heroes united one of the best byond games also search 'resident evil online' no qoutes
another awesome game and with zombies the last game i wanna showcase is 'super smash bros byond' youtube it also whats cool is you can code a bare bones chatroom/chatsystem in 2 lines of code its great check it out once again

www.byond.com

devilkingx
devilkingx
17 posts

also theres its like flash accept free it does everything flash does including browser gameplay

silverlite site

silverlight site 2

if you want to upload your games theres 4 known sites

mushooo(thats not a typo well the 3 o's arnt)

silverarcade

gamejolt

and one more il repost when i find it also all 4 have some sort of revenue program

devilkingx
devilkingx
17 posts

oops its mashooo and the last one is silverlightclub

justinvan1
justinvan1
25 posts

So if you want a game on Armor Games, you need to use Flash?

crazabek
crazabek
1 posts

THANKS FOR THE LINKS

slavemaster
slavemaster
6 posts

noooooooooooooooooooo help. but i didnt read it

ZeroComp
ZeroComp
384 posts

cs3 takes forever to download

ZeroComp
ZeroComp
384 posts

yay it just got done yayyyyyyyyy I get to make games and content

JustScott
JustScott
98 posts

lol i made like the hardest game ever on gm7 if any of you guys played u guys would just get frustrated because...!! ur failing at pacman somehow!

oad
oad
6 posts

nothing wrong

tegan190
tegan190
790 posts

yay it just got done yayyyyyyyyy I get to make games and content

I thought you were an owner of a game company?
Axel
Axel
483 posts

Just a warning to people downloading Flash:

You won't be able to make games right away. You need to learn a lot of code. Not like game maker. Its going to take a long time.
Just don't to expect to be be able to make games just because you downloaded Flash.

gamemakermaster
gamemakermaster
83 posts

thank

Showing 61-75 of 164