ForumsProgramming Forum[REFERENCE INFO] Game Creator's Useful Links

164 59439
Tydus
Tydus
243 posts

Programs

Adobe Flash CS3 - Newest version of Flash and the first to be published by Adobe. This is the ONLY program that Armor Games supports for games on the website, unless you have another way to create an .swf file.
Cost: $699 (30-Day Free Trial Available HERE)

Game Maker 7 - An extremely popular program that's used by many indy developers to create games. It's extremely easy to use, and is great for those of you starting out.
Cost: Free!

This topic is a work in progress and will be edited to include more programs at a later date. If you want to see a program added, or need help with game development, please leave me a comment of my userpage. Thank you.

• 164 Replies
komputerkurt
komputerkurt
835 posts

NOTE: Game making isn't simple. Also note that the latest version of Adobe Flash is Adobe Flash CS4 and there is no legal way to get the $999.99 product for free! Theres only the 30 trial.

rjbman
rjbman
215 posts

Wait, it's only $699. But yeah, it's a challenge. Not only do you have to get into the programming mindset, but you also have to figure out how to do it in the specific language, which can be tough at time. It takes a lot of practice and hard work to succeed in this.

komputerkurt
komputerkurt
835 posts

:O the price went down lol. last time I had checked it was 999$ but it is 699$ now.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,799 posts

If your a college or university student you could get it for like $120.

Technically you can get an infinite trail by either cleaning your registry every time you install or deep freezing your computer.

rynad27
rynad27
4 posts

for those people who complain about the link not working, if you want to find a program i suggest youtube if its a good program there will be videos on how to get it.

Kohn
Kohn
14 posts

iam downloading the game maker, lets see if it works

btw, its game maker 8 now :P

komputerkurt
komputerkurt
835 posts

Technically you can get an infinite trail by either cleaning your registry every time you install or deep freezing your computer.
I've tried with time stopper program but it doesn't work since theres 2 files and one is an encrypted register program that detects modifications like that. There is no legal way to get Flash CS4 for free.
www.mrsunstudios.com is a good place for game tutorials!
wertpopetje
wertpopetje
10 posts

lol. game maker is hard i try to understand lol

MrAutomatic
MrAutomatic
297 posts

Is there any way to convert a .zip or an .exe into a .swf?

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,931 posts

apparently not. notice how nobody has done it so far.

lors444
lors444
2 posts

thx man you helped alot

laserpants13
laserpants13
1 posts

A good alternative to CS4 is Flash Develop.
Flash Develop Main Page
It's an open source (free) actionscript source code editor. To compile, you'll need to download Adobe Flex SDK (also free), and this website also has links to a walkthrough on how to do that. Hope this helps any aspiring flash developers who (like me) are way to poor to shell out for CS4.

25wes25
25wes25
1,585 posts

Thsnks for the info.

15Master1
15Master1
49 posts

Theres also Flash CS5

NiteStryker
NiteStryker
144 posts

don't u need actionscript for Plashdevelop?and it costs $,right?

Showing 76-90 of 164