ForumsWEPR[Necro] Does God exist?

697 244047
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

since there really s no topic on whether or not he really exists and created people i decided to make one

start debating... NOW!

• 697 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

since there really s no topic on whether or not he really exists

These deal with this question.
Disproving god
Christianity vs Atheism

We really can't prove a negative so we can only ask for proof of his existence. If no proof exists we can reasonably assume he's not real.

and created people

Even if God does exists and did create humans the evidence indicates that his involvement would have been tantamount to someone opening an automatic door for someone. Sure he could have but the mechanisms in place made it so it would not have been necessary.

So a suppose a better question is did it happen the way the Bible describes? I find this highly unlikely.
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

yes but disproving god is meant as a queastion WHY people disprove god and the Christianity vs atheism is more a debate of religions not god

greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

hey, yes he does

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

We disprove God because God is not necessary, like Mage has posted. The Christianity vs. Atheism thread is debating Christianity and Atheism. This includes God. When you debate a religion, you have to include God. Otherwise, what are we debating? The traditions and rules of religion? Which is why you can be directed to Christianity vs. Atheism and be in the correct place.

I'd also read the links to Mage's post, to provide more info

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

No, I hate to tell you this but Yahweh, Allah, Zeus, Marduk, Atum, Ptah, El, Elohim, Borr, Ymir, Kamui, or any other god.

locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

Christianity and Atheism. This includes God

i was talking about all forms of god not just yahweh all of them like 314d1 said
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Okay. Then go to this link.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

i was talking about all forms of god not just yahweh all of them like 314d1 said

Doesn't matter, none of them exist... As I was going to say before I messed up the zoom on my screen.
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

So I just have a question to every one. What is the point in proving god to not exist?

thats the point of that thread....
greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

God is in everything.

grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

So I just have a question to every one. What is the point in proving god to not exist?

If you prove that God doesn't exist you can show that all religions lie. So people can be free from those influences... But it's impossible to prove that he doesn't exist...
greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

everything in nature must have been set in motion, therefore something must have always been, therefore, God.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Once again, since most of you have a limited understanding of logic. You cannot prove a negative. It's not possible. There is no way to prove that an invisible man doesn't exist, only that he does. Atheists don't need to disprove God, nor could they if they so desired. The fact remains that there is no evidence for any of the thousands of deities man has created throughout it's existence, and the idea of one existing, especially as man purports them to exist is so far against logic, reason, and evidence that it would be a completely ridiculous and irrational claim to say definitively that one does exist.

CruelAce
CruelAce
71 posts
Nomad

Yes he does, your proofs in the Bible.

grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

everything in nature must have been set in motion, therefore something must have always been, therefore, God.

wrong conclusion... What if the matter just always existed? It doesn't need a God.
Or why does He exist? Then there must be a Grand-God who created God (that's your kind of taking conclusions) etc.
Showing 1-15 of 697