ForumsSupport ForumUseless accounts

25 5964
Necrotic
Necrotic
195 posts
Nomad

I've noticed that there are a lot of accounts that are being left alone or have been made just to leave alone immediately; there was one guy with just 1 AP and he was already about halfway up in the ranks, now unless all of those other people are just playing games(in which case, why make an account?), why are there so many unused and useless accounts? Maybe they are just experiments by active players to see if they can be the last in ranking, but then again, why?

• 25 Replies
Raxter
Raxter
143 posts
Nomad

Yeah i also wondred about this sometimes. I have seen manny accounts around that stays preatty unused and i think those are made by people who cheat to get ap points. They make one new account with a unthinkable name like A7h3Nuf/3 and then first they get 1 referal and later they go spamming in thire profile inbox, becouse no one will find the spam when they have a name like that. Though, its preatty hard to stop i guess, maby should make some IP-Block that stops each player from making more then one account at each IP adress.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Yes, I think Raxter is right, at sign-up when you make an account the website stores your IP, so if you try to duplicate you'll fail. Although there is a problem if with this method, IP faking or changing software is very easy to obtain, I'll admit I used it once because an unjust ban.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Yes, I think Raxter is right, at sign-up when you make an account the website stores your IP, so if you try to duplicate you'll fail. Although there is a problem if with this method, IP faking or changing software is very easy to obtain, I'll admit I used it once because an unjust ban.

Stinger_Maniac
Stinger_Maniac
322 posts
Nomad

Yes so many accounts just lieing around I think we should just delete in-active accounts and leave active people on the site!One question whats and IP ?

imcol2
imcol2
9 posts
Nomad

and if u see imcol1 i quit that acc for no reason

armorgold
armorgold
273 posts
Nomad

ya i saw a guy with negative 2 to his name is armorgamessucks he has a bad name wich is nt allowed on armorgames someone plz bann him or delet his account

Mammon
Mammon
63 posts
Nomad

I suppose it would be useful to delete some of those old, unused accounts, but what might happen if the person that created say unused account decided to use it one day? They would try to login, and they would find out that their account was deleted in their absense. Not promoting the site in a very nice way, is it?

turkishmaniaca
turkishmaniaca
155 posts
Nomad

Seriously. Someone make a new account with 0 AP. Look at your ranking. Way above everyone else! There's like 70,000 accounts!

Captian_EO
Captian_EO
172 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I've been on for only a day nad I'm already am ranked #3,109 out of 75,202 users. I think that if an account is not used in a couple of months, that they should send a warning email and if they still don't participate then there accounts should be deleted.

dawn5555
dawn5555
26 posts
Nomad

I signed up once, tried to login the next day and I couldn't. I either couldn't remember my login info or entered something I didn't mean to for my password or something. I don't know. I tried to figure it out but it was easier to just create a new account. So one of those is me. Totally accidental.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

So, the real question is what the benefit of doing this would be. I always find a cost/benefit analysis useful here:

Pros:
There are fewer account to compare to your ranking?
Save disk space.

Cons:
More work for our mods
Inevitable problems with people getting deleted when they don't want to get deleted
Loss of info for people that leave and come back
Other improvements get delayed

I'm pretty sure armorgames isn't running out of disk space, and I don't see what the huge deal is with the rankings. So I'd vote to just leave it alone.

homegrove
homegrove
325 posts
Peasant

You forgot one thing kanethebrain, in the Pros section of deleting very old accounts. It will reduce the number: 75, 347

That is supposedly how many members have accounts on Armorgames, but really the actual number is much less. It does not really give this site a good name when a new member sees that many useless accounts, just sitting around.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

I think that was the first point I my pros section. I don't think it harms the site at all. Basically any site that allows people to sign up has a MUCH larger inactive population than an active population.

Is it better to see that 75k people tried it, or that only 5k people tried it?

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

I would rather see 5.000 people that are active and tried it, rather than see 75.347 and only 1/4 have actually stayed, from a new person's point of view, of course. It kinda makes the site look bad in a way, that 3/4 of the population isn't even here, oh well.

KichiProwerxX
KichiProwerxX
140 posts
Nomad

I Hate This; Because The Useless Accounts Have The SPAZTASTIC Usernames. T_T

Showing 1-15 of 25