ForumsThe Tavernskateboarding(tips,tricks,skaters)

38 5932
gameman22
gameman22
74 posts
Nomad

wats up my felow skaters i made this forum for any1 to talk about skating.
oh and ryan sheckler is the best skater EVER. PLAN B rules. rock on

• 38 Replies
gameman22
gameman22
74 posts
Nomad

well watever he is still my favorite skater.
oh and this is a furom for tricks also so if u want to know how to do tricks u can ask.by the way can u tell me how to do a &quotop shuv-it"

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Your a professional. You shouldn't be missing on the of the first tricks kids learn how to do in there garage.

Theres proof on the Xgames reruns of this.
gameman22
gameman22
74 posts
Nomad

some1 tell me how to do a pop shuv-it

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

some1 tell me how to do a pop shuv-it

Get a Tony Hawk game it shows you on those games. If I had a board I'd learn it from my N64 Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2.
gameman22
gameman22
74 posts
Nomad

ok thx

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

You should try to type longer forum posts so mods don't end up deleting your posts or locking your threads. People tend to not like short 1 and a half word comments, it's viewed as spam.

Protofai
Protofai
228 posts
Nomad

I hope that we're talking about real-life actually skating, and not video game skating.

Basic Tricks

As to tricks and stuff... there are some good tips I learned from my friends. If you're just beginning, ollies aren't as easy as you'd think. Yes you pop the tail, then slide your foot up, but don't just slide it up or you'll probably end up smashing your shins a good number of times. After the pop, move the foot to the front of the board and press down so the front goes down and you land front/back. To get a successful pop, position the ball of the back foot near the center of the pocket. This is known to get the highest pop.

Shuvs and Pop Shuvs are two different tricks. In a shuv, the board barely comes off the ground, you just have to get it around. To do this successfully position the back foot near the middle of the end of the board and front foot on the edge near the front screws. Pop slightly and kick the front foot out, to get the correct spin on the board. The board will most likely jump forward (away), so you may want to jump forward on this trick. In a pop shuv, you have to get the board off the ground and around before you land, so try to get a successful ollie before you try to get the Pop Shuv.

Kickflips are tricky, and you want a good ollie before you start these. Put your back foot near the pocket in the back, and front foot on the edge of the board, toes pointing toward the front of the board as well. Pop the back as you would in an ollie, and slide the front foot up of off the board while pushing the side down so it "flips".

Boards/Hardware

Boards are mostly based on preference to what you like, and how they perform. I was hooked on PlanB for a long time, but now I tend to use Girl boards more. As to board size, I don't recommend getting 8+, they make tricks much harder to land due to the weight of the board. 7.5 is what I use, usually with zero wheels. Trucks are primarily preference, so I wont talk about those. Another thing about boards is your grip tape. I found that on my board it help to add another layer of tape where I put my feet a lot, it help my tricks more, and the board lasts longer.

Professionals

I don't pay attention to much in the way of pro skating, but I would say my favorite "artist" is Mike Mo (or whatever its spelled) from Girl. The X-games is great, I do watch that, and it's fun to see all those people doing whatever they do. I'm more of a longboarder actually, so I like Joel Tudor.

None of this should be taken as if it is professional advise, as I am not a professional. Different people have different styles, I am not responsible for broken limbs.

gameman22
gameman22
74 posts
Nomad

ok well imma go try to prefrm a pop shuvit so brb and lets hope i dont get injured... again

gameman22
gameman22
74 posts
Nomad

epic fail tryied it a while ago for like the 8th time and FAILED. well i try again tomorrow... wish me luck and oh i got a big scar on my elbow

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

pop shuvs. Ollie, and kick your back foot towards your heel. Should make the board go aorund.

Once you get kickflips and shov its down, yo ucan get varials, those are fun to do.

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

Get a Tony Hawk game it shows you on those games. If I had a board I'd learn it from my N64 Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2.

no, just no,

if you want to do a pop shuv, just pop the tail and scoop it around, its all in the back foot. some people think you shuv with your front but thats the right if you plan to get tre flips or varials.

BERRICS CLICK FOR SKATING
gameman22
gameman22
74 posts
Nomad

ok thanks guy need any help with tricks then just ask... gonna attempt a pop shuv it again

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

you can always try a front side shove it. Its where you spin the board away from your body....

Normally you spin the board toward your back, but here, yo uspin it towards your front. I find these so much esaier. Makes for some awesome shit when you get down kickflips to.

lllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllll
187 posts
Nomad

Normally you spin the board toward your back, but here, yo uspin it towards your front. I find these so much esaier. Makes for some awesome shit when you get down kickflips to.

First, fix your spelling
Second, I agree. More easier for me. I spin towards th front. More easier.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

First, fix your spelling
Second, I agree. More easier for me. I spin towards th front. More easier.

Well now. What did I spell wrong there? All looks fine to me.

And your one to talk?

More easier? Nice grammar.
Showing 16-30 of 38