ForumsSupport ForumA private messaging system

5 2498
blazingfire
blazingfire
40 posts
Nomad

Hey i was viewing a comment, and i just randomly got the idea.
This site needs some sort of private messaging system. Like mailing someone, and they can delete, reply, etc. the message.
Right now the only way to talk to a specific person is to comment on their profile. And even then they might not look at it, and everyone can see it.
I think this would be a great addition to the site and really hope you take my idea into consideration.

• 5 Replies
ExboMarker
ExboMarker
317 posts
Nomad

I like the idea.

Although I could see a lot of users spamming the private message box of a ghost account they created to gain AP. And there would be no way to flag them because you can't see their spam.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

This has already been suggested on AG's Get Satisfaction pagehere. Larry (the head web dev) said that it's on the AG3 list.

I find it interesting how with every suggestion, someone here manages to find ways to shoot it down. Seeing as this has already been put on the to-do list, there's no point in shooting it down.

Oh, and PM systems don't give points on all the sites, boards and forums I've seen. They're like mail boxes. I only ever see comments give points in some places, like AG. I believe comment AP should be done away with.

/thread

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yes, Larry has already commented on it, and knight_34 is correct: we wouldn't award AP for private comments to keep the spam to a minimum.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

this is a great idea. i think it would be awesome and ive thought of this a couple times too

blazingfire
blazingfire
40 posts
Nomad

You wouldn't get AP for it just like you don't get AP for commenting on your profile (I think i'm pretty sure you don't)
Just use it as a means to talk to people!

ExboMarker I like the idea.

Although I could see a lot of users spamming the private message box of a ghost account they created to gain AP. And there would be no way to flag them because you can't see their spam.
Showing 1-5 of 5