ForumsPopular MediaFavorite Genre of music?

286 40941
Legenduninfected
Legenduninfected
291 posts
Peasant

I like Punk the best!

So.. yeah

• 286 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,377 posts
Jester

Classic rock BY FAR!!!!!

then some Heavy Metal, Screamo, indie rock, things like that.

Favorite Band:
1. the beatles
2. Scary Kids Scaring Kids
3. Reel Big Fish

Ennie
Ennie
16 posts
Peasant

I am probably one of the few people who actually listens to a broad spectrum of music.
The only time I cringe at a certain genre of music is if it's too deeply rooted in that genre for me to understand or relate to.
For example, I'm okay with country music, but not extremely country music.
Same goes for metal, bubblegum pop, folk, blues, and some other genres.

Some genres I listen to: R&B, Soul, Hip Hop, Rap, Asian Pop, Pop, Rock, Alternative, Indie, Dance, Classical, Piano, Foreign Music (Indian, French, Spanish, you name it), Electronic, Soundtrack...
Yeah, I'm pretty tolerant.
As long as the song has catchy or good lyrics, and a nice beat or melody, I'm generally okay with anything.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,697 posts
Peasant

I am probably one of the few people who actually listens to a broad spectrum of music.

you and me both sir. thats why i dont really like alot of peoples oppinions on here because they dont give some of the stuff a chance. critics should be based of people who like everything so there is less bias.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,832 posts
Farmer

Add me on to that list, please. Everything from indie to world music to metal to dream pop to folk music to ambient electronic

I dislike it when people don't give a genre a chance, like what Delo is saying. the only genre where I haven't found something I earnestly enjoy is mallcore, and I haven't delved deeply into it.
Healmeal
Healmeal
1,945 posts
Peasant

Heh.... I used to love punk. That changed when I found Senses Fail. By then, I loved Punk-screamo (combined). Then I went towards trash and progressive metal (Megadeth and Dream theather for ex.). I then went towards symphonical metal (including death metal) and goth. Now, I went towards Folk metal, especially Viking.

What next lol.

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,400 posts
Peasant

Metal ftw. My fave subgenre is definitely power metal.
Fave power metal bands:
1. Blind Guardian
2. Iron Savior
3. Stratovarius

DeusExus
DeusExus
15 posts
Peasant

A number of genres. I like punk rock and power metal as well as trailer music/soundtrack music. I also like some heavy metal, though if the sounds the vocalist is making are reminiscent of a barking dog, I'm not interested.

It's rather diverse.

OhItzTragiC
OhItzTragiC
1 posts
Peasant

definitely Harcore/pop-punk since one of my favorite bands A day to remember plays that type. i love tons of other screamo. or indie.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,554 posts
Bard

I can listen to any rock/metal song that doesn't have screamo or growling. Any country song is good to listen to, so long as I don't hear many instances of God used in their lyrics. I don't have any problems with pop. I have tried many times, but I just cannot place any rap/hip hop songs in my musical heart. Techno is epic, but I like the ones with lyrics or background lyrics. Overall, I like power metal the best.
Zega
Zega
6,945 posts
Peasant

Is video-game music a genre? If so, that's my choice.

acepilot0
acepilot0
359 posts
Peasant

Rock mostly, however there are a few oddball bands and songs that I really enjoy, Bond for instance is an absolutely amazing band.

pablo4270
pablo4270
1,952 posts
Peasant

I hate almost everything that doesn't use real instruments.
I like Alternative&Punk, Modern Rock, Nu-Metal, and just plain old Alternative.

thaggard53
thaggard53
810 posts
Peasant

I like pretty much all kinds of music, but my favorites would have to be Alt. Rock/Punk (All Time Low, Anarbor, Mayday Parade, etc.), Hip-hop (basically Lil Wayne, Drake, Andre 3000, and everything from the golden days of rap/hip hop, like Nas, N.W.A, and 2Pac), and hard rock/heavy metal (Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, In This Moment, Five Finger Death Punch, etc.).

My friends make fun of me because I like too much music xD

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Peasant

Endscape himself does like rock/pop music alot but that was on a whim that he got into it...... rap is Endscape's life... without it endscape would loose wat little sanity he has left.
p.s. kirby says hi <(O_O)>

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,525 posts
Constable

My favorite genre of music has to be rock, but i can listen to just about everything if it sounds good to me. (except country i can never listen to country songs)

Showing 46-60 of 286