ForumsNews and Feedbacklike button

51 12140
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

i think armorgames community should have like a thumbs up or thumbs down button on posts. kinda like youtube or facebook

• 51 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

skater is on the same track! This would be really great, I think!

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

it would be. anyone contacted the big guys "up there" yet?

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

what if i just disliked the person, and got a whole bunch of people to completely rail this one poor 12 year old by disliking all of his posts. seems like a great way to promote cyber bullying

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

What if we had a cap for likes and dislikes? X amount of times per day can you like or dislike a forum post.

I do not think that comments should have this feature.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

A daily cap on likes/dislikes would be a good idea, but I also agree with Skater, no AP should be awarded.

We're also looking to implement a way to flag inappropriate content in the game shares that users create, (levels, mazes, etc) based on content/name, etc. but that'll be down the road.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

We're also looking to implement a way to flag inappropriate content in the game shares that users create, (levels, mazes, etc) based on content/name, etc. but that'll be down the road.

Also, very useful!

I'm glad to see more involvement in the forum. This might drum up some really great suggestions.
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Sweet stuff. I love how we're actually getting updates about AG 3.0 instead of it being a 'myth' like before xD If AG 3.0 makes as big of an improvement as AG 2.0 did when it came out, it will be even more super awesome-ly amazing.

And maybe it would be better if not only admins could see flagged comments/posts, so that mods would have the ability to see what is flagged.
Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

no really when i come up with an idea everyones like "god no, idiot be original" but when she clearly sayes just like youtube and face book everyones like "oh wow what a great idea your a genis" hmmm i don't really see how that works some1 please explain

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Peter, what is it that you are saying? Can you rephrase it, please?

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

He saying, how people always pull the "Ag wants to stay origional" card.

Well thats beacsue people suggest the same things over and over again. All of them being from kongregate and other flash sites. A like button really isn't copying, just adding a good feature.

You guys mean a flag that does something! OMFG!

1,855 posts
Nomad

<a class="LikeBotButton">
<script src="http://i.likebot.com/button.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
</a>
insert that anywhere u want to add a like/dislike button.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

201, are we supposed to do this? Or are you giving the Admins code? cause I'm pretty sure there gonna make one from scratch and not us a website for it.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Skater's right, if it's something we build, we'd be building our own implementation (based on user suggestions of course), and not using any third-party services.

ZeroComp
ZeroComp
383 posts
Nomad

Maybe make a shield with a + or a - or a thumbs up or a thumbs down as the icon?

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

Does some one need a naked party?

skater quote

reason why we need to have a like button

what if i just disliked the person, and got a whole bunch of people to completely rail this one poor 12 year old by disliking all of his posts. seems like a great way to promote cyber bullying

DDX quote

reason why we need to have a like button

You guys mean a flag that does something! OMFG!

i jsut have the feeling skater would be on the list every week.

cormyn if there isnt an edit button im going to flip a table or somthing
Showing 16-30 of 51