ForumsThe Tavern[Necro] Is it just me?

12 4854
samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Is it just me, or does every video on youtube have this "@migueltarga e @saadzim_ Amaram seu video *-*!" As it's title when you watch it?

• 12 Replies
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

It's just you xD Just checked mine and it's not like it.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Okay, Maybe itis just me. But it is on most of RayWilliamJohnson's videos and Lady Gaga's? Wtf

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

Oh wait, just checked those 2 and it is o.O What the hell is that? lol

Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,208 posts
Nomad

It's not a word in any language according to Google Translate and Wiktionary. Nor is it an English word according to Opera Spell checker or my hardback copy of Chambers Dictionary.

However, once Googled the first hit for @migueltarga is a Twitter page. One of the lower hits is on Google's support forums asking what exactly the problem is, apparently it's a Brazilian, or group of Brazilian, hackers editing the names of frequently viewed videos for attention.

Google will deal with them, methinks.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant
Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,208 posts
Nomad

Why does migueltarga have http:///alert'XSS' as his "website"? Lol.

Probably because he's hacking his own website (Twitter?) in order to get malicious scripts running. Intriguingly there was recently an XSS outbreak on social networking sites that opened up pr0n windows by hovering over comments using a JS script.

Finally the last part of the title is Portuguese for "Loved you video". (Remember the Latin amo, because it helps you recognise the word love in just about every European language. )
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

It is also on most of Eminem's videos.

I just read the whole xss article...confusing yet I get what is happening.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

It's because someone hacked a lot of YouTube accounts. I think...

StepOnABaby
StepOnABaby
583 posts
Nomad

Haxorz are win.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

So, I got it figured out. Someone is going around using XSS to hack into youtube to change the titles of popular videos to

@so-so e (and) @so-so Amaram[Adoraram] seu video (Loved your video)

I don't really understand why someone would go to such lengths to say that they loved someone's video. lol

Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,208 posts
Nomad

So, I got it figured out. Someone is going around using XSS to hack into youtube to change the titles of popular videos to

Exactly. XSS is just away to change data which should be confidential and uneditable to anyone in the public. These Lady Gaga-loving hackers found away around it, and are changing the titles to their names and saying how they loved the video. The person who uploaded the video simply has to change the name and the databases have all the same data they did prior to the hack.

Doing things like this normally gets you a brief period of fame amongst the hacking community. Hackers also simply enjoy doing this stuff for the sake of it.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Thread was revived with a necro-spam post. Locked...

Showing 1-12 of 12