ForumsNews and FeedbackOur Armatars?

48 11346
wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

So since I have never really been on a site that has been interesting enough for long enough to see an update such as AG 3.0. Then I would like to know if our Armatars and othr information will be transfered to the newer site. Will our acounts be transfered aswell or will we need to make new acounts?
So any help with this would be great. I do need sleep at night you.

• 48 Replies
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

I vaguely remember reading a post by Knight saying that the staff are definately going to transfer all our accounts and gained AP (possibly re-counted according to the new point system), so.. yeah...

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Armatars should definitely be transferred, I'm just iffy on transferring the AP part. It should be wiped clean, save for something to be recognized as an 2.0 user, but that's just my opinion. A fresh slate, something to start over with? I think that would make the first times at 3.0 more fun for the transferees.

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

There's a new point system?

wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

Ok, well I think that clears up alot of questions that I had. Well thank you very much, but jezz raised one question though...

(possibly re-counted according to the new point system)

Theres going to be a new point system? I had heard about this before but didn't think that they were going to actually do it. Well as Freakenstein said it will make the first times more fun. Mabye...
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I was tlaking to ian, and yes, all acount information is allready backed up, and ready to be placed onto Ag 3.0

points will stay as they are, but a new point system is most likely on the way.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

OMG, I want to keep my armatar, it's unique, xD

But I understand if AG 3.0 cannot sync our old accounts.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Official Response: the AG3 system is already inserting and migrating your user data on a frequent basis. Any time you make a change to your profile, that data is sync'd with AG3 almost immediately. Your profile details (birthday, gender, biography, etc) are all coming along to AG3.

We're still looking at a few ideas about armatars and points and doing something special for AG2 users who have been busy accumulating points. Whether we wipe points completely or try to transfer them somehow is still in the discussion phase.

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

Whether we wipe points completely or try to transfer them somehow is still in the discussion phase.

Forget points, what about our forum posts, will the new forum be completely blank, all the games we rated, reset?
lllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllll
187 posts
Nomad

Well, all the information won't really change.

What cormyn said,

Official Response: the AG3 system is already inserting and migrating your user data on a frequent basis. Any time you make a change to your profile, that data is sync'd with AG3 almost immediately. Your profile details (birthday, gender, biography, etc) are all coming along to AG3.

We're still looking at a few ideas about armatars and points and doing something special for AG2 users who have been busy accumulating points. Whether we wipe points completely or try to transfer them somehow is still in the discussion phase.

And he's an admin.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We're still working on ideas for the forums, it's unsure yet if we'll keep the current forum setup or rebuild a new one. That one is quite a ways off yet.

Game ratings will be kept, that kind of stuff is already being saved with the user data migration and game migration that's currently going on between our two systems.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Game ratings will be kept, that kind of stuff is already being saved with the user data migration and game migration that's currently going on between our two systems

Yay!
Whether we wipe points completely or try to transfer them somehow is still in the discussion phase.

Ahhhhhh!!!! how scary! :X
letgodsortthem
letgodsortthem
84 posts
Scribe

Wipe the points? HA HAH HAHAHAHAHA!

Personally, I think it's a great idea, but there are going to be a lot of really unhappy little munchkins out there.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I won't mind if the forums are changed.. As long as archives are kept.. (Which could probably be a drag.)

Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

I won't mind if the forums are changed.. As long as archives are kept.. (Which could probably be a drag.)

I agree , I think the forums need a change.

Something more awesome looking.
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

lol firetail madness wasted 2 years of his life just to watch so much ap disapear

Showing 1-15 of 48