ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Our Armatars?

Thread Locked

Posted Sep 30, '10 at 5:22pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

We're still working on ideas for the forums, it's unsure yet if we'll keep the current forum setup or rebuild a new one. That one is quite a ways off yet.

Game ratings will be kept, that kind of stuff is already being saved with the user data migration and game migration that's currently going on between our two systems.

Posted Sep 30, '10 at 11:02pm

Joe96

Joe96

2,288 posts

Game ratings will be kept, that kind of stuff is already being saved with the user data migration and game migration that's currently going on between our two systems

Yay! :D

Whether we wipe points completely or try to transfer them somehow is still in the discussion phase.

Ahhhhhh!!!! how scary! :X

Posted Oct 1, '10 at 12:59am

letgodsortthem

letgodsortthem

80 posts

Wipe the points?  HA HAH HAHAHAHAHA!

Personally, I think it's a great idea, but there are going to be a lot of really unhappy little munchkins out there.

Posted Oct 1, '10 at 1:14am

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

I won't mind if the forums are changed.. As long as archives are kept.. (Which could probably be a drag.)

Posted Oct 1, '10 at 1:27am

Holden012

Holden012

1,964 posts

I won't mind if the forums are changed.. As long as archives are kept.. (Which could probably be a drag.)

I agree , I think the forums need a change.

Something more awesome looking.

Posted Oct 1, '10 at 1:35am

Shenko

Shenko

859 posts

lol firetail madness wasted 2 years of his life just to watch so much ap disapear

Posted Oct 1, '10 at 1:44am

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

Seeing his achievements on Armor Games I'm sure he'll be well recognized for them in the event the AP system is revamped.

Posted Oct 1, '10 at 2:00am

Shenko

Shenko

859 posts

i dont like the change!
as long as i got meh ap im happy

Posted Oct 1, '10 at 6:11am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,780 posts

I read all the posts (especially the ones from cormyn) with much enthusiasm! =D
FINALLY! Can't wait for the new v3.0 to start! But it raised a couple of questions for me too...

- Will the about section on people's profiles be saved and transferred as well? I've made a backup of mine just to make sure, but it would be nice to know it it will be transeferred... :)

- Will the new points system mentioned also include a new range of ranking shields similar to the ones we have now? I'm curious to find out whether my suggestion for additional ranks, or a different version of this, will be implemented in the new version... :)

Would be great to get a response on these questions by an actual admin!
I'll be waiting with anxiety... =D

Posted Oct 2, '10 at 4:53pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

firetail madness wasted 2 years of his life just to watch so much ap disapear

Well, "disappear" might be an overstatement. Like I said, the whole AP system s still being reviewed. Nobody will "lose" anything, but we're still trying to figure out how the AG2 AP will translate into something equivalent on AG3.

I'm sure he'll be well recognized for them

Exactly. We're just not entirely sure yet how we'll do it.

Will the about section on people's profiles be saved and transferred as well?

Yes, your "biography" area is already transferred to the new system, and any changes you make on this AG2 site will immediately copy over to AG3. We have a system in place that watches for any changes on AG2 about your user profile, and sends those changes to AG3.

Will the new points system mentioned also include a new range of ranking shields similar to the ones we have now

Per my comment above, we haven't worked out all of those details yet.