ForumsNews and FeedbackReplying to comments

20 6044
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I think that, on the game's comment walls, there should be the choice to reply directly to people's comments.
whenever people say they agree, they have to say "...To so and so, I totally agree with you!" And then the comment moves down and you don't know who that was. Also, if you want to edit something you said, it could be like this.
"...And it's too loud"
(first comment)"The game is fun, but [forgot what they were saying]"

"...And it's too loud. This game is fun, but."
That's why I think adding replies to comments would be good, especially for the new AG 3.0.

• 20 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

so, basically, a threaded comment system?

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

I think he means kinda like

1. This game was boring

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

God sake, it submitted itself..

Anyway,

1. This game was boring
Reply: and fihetiurfj
Reply2': afriefruicer
2. New comment

So they appear underneath when they reply directly, that's what I got from it...

lllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllll
187 posts
Nomad

so, basically, a threaded comment system?

Yeah, like that. I think that's a good idea. I don't have any problems with it. It'll be cool having that.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

So they appear underneath when they reply directly

so, basically, a threaded comment system? )
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

Ahhh, is that what it's called, I had no idea..

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

There's already a way to do that, but it's essploitin'.

Add a reply-to-comment option (like next to Flag) and have that reply appear underneath the comment replied to in a grayish box or summtin.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

i think that would be cool. like if you say i got 5000 points, but then right after you say that you get 6000 you could say

i got 5000 points.
i got 6000 points now so ha!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

There's already a way to do that, but it's essploitin'.

Add a reply-to-comment option (like next to Flag) and have that reply appear underneath the comment replied to in a grayish box or summtin.

I agree with Graham there... if this were to be implemented (and it's not a bad idea at all), THIS is the best way to do it!
Most of the existing forae already have it, allthough I have to admit, I'm pretty comfortable with the system AG has too...
...hmmm... tough choice... *frowns*

We'll see what the future brings! =D

>> The future CAN be interpreted as 'cormyn'...
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Like MrDayCee already said, I am also very comfortable with the way we quote in the forums. The ONLY suggestion I would have would be to somehow attach a member name, automatically, to the quote.

However, I could just not be lazy and do it like this:

MrDayCee said:
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

However, I could just not be lazy and do it like this:MrDayCee said:

I have become very lazy as of late because it's tiresome to always pull up a separate page just to see the name of the person you're responding to, make sure you're still on topic, see if you're about to copy someone else,etc.
I'm not complaining, just stating my opinion.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I only stopped to notice this just now when I read Asherlee's and your post wajor59...
I used another format a lot lately, the one where I do it like this:

@ Asherlee : That's a nice suggestion there! Would make it much easier! And to help you feel relieved about this... computers were actually created to make people's lives easier and therefor lazier... so don't worry about that! =P

@ wajor59 : that's when I use the copy/paste version, especially when I answer to several users' posts! I start on the page with the first post I want to answer, work to the second (and so on) and when it's time... I copy the whole thing, go to the next page and paste it to work further! Just like I did with this one answering to you both!

And this works nicely too, but the quoting option is helpful to get a certain result sometimes...

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

[quote=Asherlee]However, I could just not be lazy and do it like this:

[quote=MrDayCee]We'll see what the future brings! =D[/quote][/quote]

Gonna be very amazed if that quote worked, though I'm pretty skeptical....

Anywhoo, agreed! Either make the quote-user function automatic or make it easier to do so, as certain functions of BBCode aren't laid out in front of us via buttons!

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

It'd be nice if you could just add an @ in front of username, similar to Twitter, and auto-link to their profile ... @cormyn would link to my profile, etc.

Adding a username when quoting works well when you're replying to a single user, but when admins and mods hop in the forums, there are times where we want to address several things in a single message, so having an easy way to quote each user gets a little more difficult.

As we've mentioned elsewhere, this kind of change won't be implemented on the current web site, but we may add this sort of feature in AG3's forums.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

cormyn, I have a question concerning the submit button under the reply box. Will this be placed further away from the reply box? The button has caught me more times than I care to mention when I'm writing poetry, etc.

Showing 1-15 of 20