ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 new ranks.

60 17167
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

i would like to keep the same ranks but add extras like High king or god king or emperor. do you agree? and could you think of others.

• 60 Replies
holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

How do you know there were no supreme overlords back then?????????

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

read some history books. if their was history work on peasants they would have done the same for A GIANT SUPREME OVERLORD!

lllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllll
187 posts
Nomad

I don't really know about that. The reason is that people (users) can't even get up to duke or prince. Only like 50-75 people users can, and they're still active. Since there'll be more ranks, there'll be more time to get those ranks.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

How do you know there were no supreme overlords back then?????????

I was there back then... Do you want me to ask some other old veterans about this?
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

meh, new ranks are crap. Only nubcakes sugggest new rankss. Seriously, only like 17 people or soemthing are even at the top ranks and you fucktards want MOAR ranks??? piss off...

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

i was waiting for you to say that you were going to hunt down the morons who made this thread and beat them to a pulp!

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

i was waiting for you to say that you were going to hunt down the morons who made this thread and beat them to a pulp!

NaH, I don't need to threaten you. I already have your IP and location.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I don't think it's a good idea to venture to a PG13 forum while inebriated.

GIGAgamer
GIGAgamer
116 posts
Nomad

i don't agree to the list of mrdaycee, because there is only one person at the ENTIRE site that has reached the emperor rank. it would take ages to reach it! i would shorten the distance between the points needed for the rankings, so that it is more possible that anyone else can get those ranks.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Why? The maximum rank is supposed to denote something significant, a great accomplishment. It should be well worth the amount of work you put into it. The current ranks themselves allow for less progression than the system MrDayCee has proposed.. Heck, the distances MrDayCee has placed are shorter than AG's current distances in some areas. If it were up to me, I'd actually make the distances longer.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

making the distances longer would give you an actual feeling of accomplishment.

lllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllll
187 posts
Nomad

Why? The maximum rank is supposed to denote something significant, a great accomplishment. It should be well worth the amount of work you put into it. The current ranks themselves allow for less progression than the system MrDayCee has proposed.. Heck, the distances MrDayCee has placed are shorter than AG's current distances in some areas. If it were up to me, I'd actually make the distances longer

Yeah. The distances should be longer. Getting those ranks means something to them, and what means to them, wants to earn them.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I'm curious to find out what cormyn thinks of it

Well, to be honest, it's not really up to me. I think Dan has final say when it comes to ranks.

That said, the whole points/ranks thing might get reworked for AG3 (it's not finalized), so I can't even officially comment on whether this big list of ranks will make it to AG3 or not, but AG2 is also "frozen" as far as major changes are concerned, so I don't think we'd implement it here either. As I said above, it'll be up to Dan.

I'll speak to Dan about it when he gets back; adding ranks might be easy enough to AG2, but it might throw off a few things, and we'd have to come up with new rank badges, etc., and I don't know if he'd want to spend the time on it.

As for someone's idea about how the user with the highest AP being given a special rank, like Fourquare's "mayor" setting, I kind of like the idea, but it really only makes sense when there's a small gap between the top players on the site. If first place has 50,000 more AP than second place, then that special title doesn't have as much meaning as something that can be stolen away at a moment's notice. However, judging by the competitive nature I've seen in some of you (grin) I'd worry about spam and game ratings, etc., just trying to raise your scores to bump the first place player out of their position.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

No problem there... we ALL know Dan has the last and final word on what is and what's not to be done about AG and stuff, but since you're closer to the fire... it's easier for us to feed the info to you, right?

we'd have to come up with new rank badges, etc., and I don't know if he'd want to spend the time on it.

He could ask the person that made the current badges to make additional ones for the possible added ranks? This way he'd only need a few new badges and the current ones can be kept!
Besides, the current badges look really great! I think they shouldn't be altered...

judging by the competitive nature I've seen in some of you (grin) I'd worry about spam and game ratings, etc.

Although I suggested the Wood-Iron-Gold 'Emperor/Empress' rank to be implemented as a higher rank above 'Gold King', I guess you're right about that... competition kills, right? :P

Still I hope that Dan will implement my idea (or a version of it) for additional ranks in between the current ones! I don't need to receive any credit for it, I just think it would be a really good idea for the new AG3 version, that's all...
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I don't know if he'd want to spend the time on it.

perhaps one of the players could (i don't mean me, i wouldn't know how)
Showing 31-45 of 60