ForumsGamesShattered Colony: The Survivors Player Made Maps

203 192727
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

<map name="Alexandria " difficulty="1" sizeX="50" sizeY="50" startX="30" startY="11" >
<terrain>
b24c518f9a510471eda6fcf158dafd20.eNotklu6ojAQhNOXJ
M1Vo8h4cBSBENRzljCrm5VPR4eH+n4Kurpz8dY+0H97jM77CO4
lMDuvsonsm0NX1mVZ41lwhuG0BxCVWXrm6mzQE9Y98NL0nsMXs
bPY6ft66olPvwxYEZBhD/dBnBtrw4WNw97b+wH1Z7FD69HeBRx
NUjh5TC3R3JobWeKoPG0q284AY5qOiHOHgMbhEoDTFNQIBhBdi
oFwVQagFPXH9WgMmGbdAvFDfSbn0hEwDn0h01UImXDpQWC47WG
KveP1S5MY4uCA4oWomTfVx9WQp3kYy+o2Mv5BjCNUtI6WaVsX6
7fFMHVNkgui/Db6SKqU6wu8uVVu3z6loHx4c5M65dPHx/ICO2y
y7LMcVajX7wRyRYAqS5slZOmuDCncEMNojO5GapV34//WyvX4a
S3KxdtvQO45KEubJahM3Y25uzvD5tHNuojF6GlICpNOOeVoSq3
ybv5MXynXc6nskigX07slyIJgqiVHZwlZujXPGDUoYg6CkBBSq
8YuahE0qU26L1s+JV3AQ/mpHcGlsGnRxtmH8NSiSovq1ViywlV
CTqKGrO5dKZpSbOYzk6YUT70PeusOLyJTO3mV6PwLyMlPCd56T
G54BfCn7zO608sCd4n5byrQiCW9Pv8A9C4nhA
</terrain>
</map>

Heres my map enjoy B)
  • 203 Replies
peteritch
peteritch
1 posts
Nomad

My Map- http://auriga-squad.appspot.com/get/agxhdXJpZ2Etc3F1YWRyCwsSA01hcBjaoxYM

den3107
den3107
105 posts
Peasant

sorry dude...

aromor games make the code different so i can't upload it

den3107
den3107
105 posts
Peasant

I GOT IT!!!

I KNOW HOW TO SPAWN WAVES EVERYWHERE AND HOW TO GIVE THE NUMBER OF THEM.

my bro own!! (he helped me figuring it out)

tommorow i maybe begin my multi-level story =D (if you want to help you need to say it)

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

I thought the map that you made was bad. The blockade of snipers was useless. If you gave each building 50 resources each, I could've beaten the game faster. It wasn't that fun when it took you an hour to beat it. I think if you made it a little more realistic, you could have something. Maybe that's just my style, but I like it to be easy.

Also, does this mean you can spawn waves at a certain moment? I was thinking for my Venice map, I add a bridge and zombies only come out at the 5th wave. There would be 5 more waves of that making it an even ten waves to complete the game.

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

New Map: Concrete Jungle.

[url]http://auriga-squad.appspot.com/get/agxhdXJpZ2Etc3F1YWRyCwsSA01hcBjdwRkM[/url]

duerig
duerig
8 posts
Nomad

The scripting engine is a state machine (an Nondeterministic Finite Automaton actually). It starts at the start state and each state has edges which are events in the game which trigger the state change.

When a state is entered, it executes any actions in that state which changes the world in some way. There is no in-built win condition. The game wins if and only if a state with the win action is reached.

Mostly it works like a Deterministic Finite Automaton, except that there is a special 'add-state' option which creates another state which can react in parallel. This is how the script in level 4 works to track win conditions. It adds the 'none' state which works to track win conditions completely parallel from tracking the tutorial text and then horde countdowns.

One of the actions is 'countdown' which takes a number and counts down that much on the clock before triggering the 'countdown-complete' edge. At that point, it moves to a state which uses the 'horde' action to generate monsters.

By default, the horde action just generates a horde from a random bridge or the island buildings of increasing size. But you can pass in x, y, and # arguments to spawn a particular number of zombies in a particular place like in the level 1 map.

If you want to generate a particular number of waves, you will want a couple of states for every wave. And they will be in a simple line:

countdown1 -> horde1 -> countdown2 -> horde2 -> countdown2 -> ...

These states will then contain actions to generate either a countdown or the zombie horde you want. If your win condition is to survive all the hordes, then you can have the win action in a state got to from the final horde state. If you want standard win conditions, you will need to copy and paste that none/bridge/zombie/bridge-zombie states from level 4 and use the add-state action to run that in parallel with your own code.

I hope this helps explain how things work.

-D

den3107
den3107
105 posts
Peasant

nah i'm gonna make a story (the first map i already made in my head)

you are back at the command center and it get overrun by a huge wave of zombies (like in the last part of the tutorial.

so you need to survive that wave and then you got to get to the last island surviving waves 'cuasse at the last island the copters are =D

(the rest is still in making)
(you can always help me )
but the funny is with waves (yes there is something)

I CAN JUST LAT THEM SPAWN IN THE CENTER =D (so that they just come from nowhere in the middle of the map o_O XD)

den3107
den3107
105 posts
Peasant

duerig can oyu maybe give me an example about how a countdown sees like (like that it only takes 5 sec before they come =3)

den3107
den3107
105 posts
Peasant

Never mind my bro explained the rest =3 but thanks you gave me the (kind of) tutorial =3

now I'm working on the first part =D

den3107
den3107
105 posts
Peasant

lolz i became gold serf by rating 1 game and by all my comments XD

den3107
den3107
105 posts
Peasant

You can always send tiny peaces where you think that that peace MUST be in the map (like an island or something)

but you to can think about a second part (first part ends that we leave the island with copters)

Cartman34
Cartman34
2 posts
Peasant

You can find my first map here: [url=http://auriga-squad.appspot.com/get/agxhdXJpZ2Etc3F1YWRyCwsSA01hcBj-5hcM]
I hope you'll enjoy it ! ;-)

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

So den, does this mean you can spawn waves at a certain moment? I was thinking for my Venice map, I add a bridge and zombies only come out at the 5th wave. There would be 5 more waves of that making it an even ten waves to complete the game.

den3107
den3107
105 posts
Peasant

sorry kevin...

maybe later

i'm already busy with my own =P

den3107
den3107
105 posts
Peasant

WAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIT!!!!!!! T_T

DUERIG you MUST read this!!!!

PLEAS GIVE ME THE ACTION TYPE TO LET SOMEBODY WIN WHEN THEY BUILD SOMETHING ON A SPECIFIC AREA!!!

I REALY NEED IT!!!!!

else i can't make my perfect story line T_T

(my bro already left so he can't help me (he is on university so he knows how to make it)

Showing 46-60 of 203