Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Cbox on AG3?

Thread Locked

Posted Sep 30, '10 at 7:25pm

XXAlienGirlXX

XXAlienGirlXX

533 posts

I dont know if anyone has brought this up before, but I was just wondering if we could have a Cbox for AG3? Ive seen many of these on forums and they really make the forum a much funner place. There were also Cbox mods who made sure that nobody was misbehaving in the Cboxes.

Posted Sep 30, '10 at 7:33pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,205 posts

I'm gonna say by Cbox you mean "chat box"?

Tried it. Failed. Axed. The problem was the small moderation team and having to check both the community and the chat room. It was just too much of a hassle, so the chat box was destroyed.

There ARE chat rooms linked to AG but are unofficial.

Come drop by for a visit sometime!

Posted Sep 30, '10 at 7:34pm

XXAlienGirlXX

XXAlienGirlXX

533 posts

Okay nevermind then. :)

Posted Sep 30, '10 at 9:54pm

Thetoxik

Thetoxik

42 posts

i didnt kno there were chat rooms lol

Posted Sep 30, '10 at 10:58pm

Joe96

Joe96

2,288 posts

I think that chat should just be between users.  Not for Ap or people would just be like:
asd:HI
wewe:lol
ron:tee hee
asd: no way
wewe:lolololol
ron:ROFL!!!

And that would be like being stranded in a room with nothing to do except ...watch daytime television!!!
Teh horrorz :O

Posted Sep 30, '10 at 11:00pm

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

Good news is the future may see the return of some sort of live chat here.

Posted Oct 1, '10 at 8:14am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,734 posts

Maybe cormyn can make an official post in this thread to elaborate whether this feature will be implemented in the new version of AG to come out? ;)

Posted Oct 2, '10 at 5:25pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Official Response: a live chat isn't something we've planned. Our new system for activities and achievements, and allowing comments on those will be more than sufficient, in my opinion.

Posted Oct 4, '10 at 7:47am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,734 posts

I'll be trying to lift the courtain a bit here... :P

What will that 'new system for activities and achievements' be like?

Is it something like a list of what the user has been doing and what he/she has achieved lately?
...again something like the system used in FaceBook where you have a shortlist, am I right? :)

Posted Oct 4, '10 at 8:40pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Yeah, it'll be a similar sort of "feed" of game activity, people submitting high scores or getting achievements, who's playing right now, that sort of thing.

We may introduce a "game reviews" area where users will be required to write a minimum number of words for a thorough game review (so we don't get short comments) as a feed, etc. And we're looking at ways to publish those bits of data as RSS feeds as well, in case you want to watch high scores for a particular game, or whatever.