ForumsNews and Feedback[AG3 Q&A] Armor Points

81 18008
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey folks, let's keep all AP-related questions in this thread for simplicity.

• 81 Replies
bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

If they do wipe all forum posts points and the forum itself i think i will be more active right now if i do nobody willl really pay attention to the posts but with it wiped clean,i wonder who would make the first thread who would be the first user besides mod and admins to log onto the site?

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Personally, I don't mind losing my AP.
The only forums I think are important to AG are the ones about games, game walk-throughs and game developing. I enjoy being able to read others poetry and stories while I attempt to write my own but if these aren't rough drafts of future-to-be games then I think we should only show them on our profile page. The art and music forums are also important for the same reasons.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

i wonder who would make the first thread who would be the first user besides mod and admins to log onto the site?

That depends on when the staff plan on making the forums functional. Cormyn said that their first priority when it comes to testing will be to make sure the site is up and running smoothly. The forums won't be there for testing at first.
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

I wonder what will happen if FT loses all his points.

25wes25
25wes25
1,584 posts
Nomad

I would laugh so hard id die. (hi google haven't seen u in awhile)
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

He probably wouldn't be that happy.
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

I hope this dosen't happen though, cause then I'd lose connection with many I talk to. Also Ft would become number one again anyways.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

That depends on when the staff plan on making the forums functional. Cormyn said that their first priority when it comes to testing will be to make sure the site is up and running smoothly. The forums won't be there for testing at first.

To add to Knight's quote, the OPEN beta testers are to make sure the functions of the site are working as they should, such as commenting on profiles, submitting a reply on a game, receiving a merit, flagging a comment, deleting a comment, yadda yadda.

The actual community may be released AFTER everything around the site is hunky-dory.
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Actually, I wouldn't mind if AP was deleted, because you can always earn them back - the more you have, the more time it will take. But if AP is to be reset, please, PLEASE, do NOT delete merits and games rated. Merits are too hard to earn, and it'd be a lot of hassle rating all of those games again, plus adding them back to your favorites.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

They should just keep all the points/merits/comments/rated games since they are probably all stored together. Deleting everything would be a good way of alienating a huge number of the community who treasure one of the above.

My precious..."merits".....

Dragonz5
Dragonz5
96 posts
Nomad

I really hope we dont go over to a system where we use armor points in a shop to buy armatars. And if there is a new point system put in place, people who actually have a good amount of points already had better be given points when it starts.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

I really hope we dont go over to a system where we use armor points in a shop to buy armatars. And if there is a new point system put in place, people who actually have a good amount of points already had better be given points when it starts.

I appreciate your concern, but really, it's not that big of a deal. Even though it did take a lot of work to get this far.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

If they do put it in, and you don't want to lose your AP. Then don't use it...
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

We won't. Cormyn noted that Larry isn't eager to use AP as some sort of currency.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

hell come back and get 10,000 in a week like he usually does.... im curious to see how many veteran users are going to come back for AG3. weve already seen king ryan back, skater i didnt see for awhile untill like maybe a couple weeks ago.

but i think they should jsut keep your previous forum posts and AP on like a little seperate bar, like this

Current AP: _____
forum posts:_____
merits and all those etc

old AP______
old forum posts_____

if they do wipe it clear we should all just put this on our profiles in big bold or somthing
Showing 31-45 of 81