ForumsNews and Feedback[AG3 Q&A] Armor Points

81 18025
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey folks, let's keep all AP-related questions in this thread for simplicity.

• 81 Replies
halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

i actually brought this up in a different thread

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

so you think its a good idea too, eh.

halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

yes yes i do

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

yes, very well my old chap. (lol) now that you mention it i do remember reading that thread. and since this is a thread about Ap for ag3, i thought id put it here. (it better happen)

halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

it probly wont though cormyn already stated some things about hacking to get the high score in the other thread

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

yeah, oh well. some great ides just don't get through.

halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

i know

but who knows people are known to change their inds at the last second

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

well lets hope this is one of those times. maybe there should be a automated system that takes away scores if they're beyond possibility, something that the creator of the game sets or the admins.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

There are ways to detect them programmatically, like looking for a user's score history and see that they're gradually doing better and better. But if we see a single score by a user that's WAY above everyone else, it may get flagged as a hacked score.

Unfortunately we've been burned in the past where some player figured out a legitimate way to get a really high score, twice, and we deleted them because they were WAY higher than anything else submitted. He even shared how he did it, but we couldn't recover his scores.

I've asked John a few times on his games, like Exit Path, what sorts of scores would be legitimate as a really high score, and then we watched as players got better and better and better ... Obviously on games where things count down to zero, we can track those much easier.

So it's a bit of a gray area right now. We'll discuss it more internally and let everyone know what we decide in the coming weeks. Let's move on to other questions about AP.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

By Monday, would we know if the AP would carry over or not? I've got a lot of fanboys concerned about that. If so, will the AP system be the same or different? I was thinking about rewarding long, descriptive forum posts and game comments with double the AP instead of just giving out the same amount to everybody. You know, to discourage spammers.

Blaz3X
Blaz3X
35 posts
Nomad

How is this program supposeed to work?

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

hey, another suggestion. you should lower the AP for comments on someone's profile to one, and raise the forum posts to two because a lot more people spam on ghosts profiles and such, but there isn't a lot of spamming on forum posts. also, forum posts are more productive that chatting with another user. the forum posts actually help people and stuff.

42maelstrom
42maelstrom
123 posts
Nomad

Yeah, a lot of people get an RSS feed for the new games, and whenever they receive an email for a new game, they click the link, rate the game, make a stupid comment (like "good game&quot and quit.

So much comments are like that: good game. Boring. Stupid. Awesome. Stuff like that should be ... something should be done.

42maelstrom
42maelstrom
123 posts
Nomad

I was thinking about rewarding long, descriptive forum posts and game comments with double the AP instead of just giving out the same amount to everybody. You know, to discourage spammers.

that would be really hard, because everything would have to be done manually, or else it would be kinda pointless. Maybe there should be a kinda half-merit, or something a person can only get once, for continually making great comments. Not amazing comments, but respectable comments. Oh, comments and forum posts, etc. So it wouldn't be a half-merit, more honorable than that. they'd be a lot more common than a merit, though. Maybe you could be rewarded different medals?
SerbianHero
SerbianHero
15 posts
Nomad

I think that the best idea for armor points should be skill at gaming. The better you are the more points you should be entitled to.

Showing 61-75 of 81