Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

[AG3 Q&A] Merits

Posted Oct 21, '10 at 3:52pm

forro34

forro34

486 posts

I have an idea... We could leave everything just as it is, with one comment box, but we mark the "good game" reviews as spam! After the first several times of decreasing karma, users will learn and leave only real review comments!

Posted Oct 21, '10 at 4:22pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,963 posts

Knight

@forro34, no, we really want to have game reviews separate from general comments about the game.

Posted Oct 24, '10 at 8:06pm

KyahcoSukaimasutae

KyahcoSukaimasutae

322 posts

uh i don't think the whole spam thing is a good idea!!! that is almost a anti-freedom of speech thing!! but i thing it seems that if they do a "karma" system it will be fine, with the way it has be described it seems that marits and even "no piont marits" are not needed, realy. but if they say counted for every very good review or comment and put it like the they do for all the post and stuff on your armor games home page, it would be nice.

Posted Oct 24, '10 at 8:23pm

Joe96

Joe96

2,306 posts

On Yahoo! Buzz, they have it where if it is marked as spam, it is hidden unless you click to show it. Maybe something liike that could be implemented.

Posted Oct 24, '10 at 8:29pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,408 posts

Knight

That wouldn't be a good idea, because then people would mark any comment they disagree with as spam. Your average Armorgamer (not one who visits the forum) is likely to do that from time to time.

Posted Oct 24, '10 at 11:33pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,286 posts

That wouldn't be a good idea, because then people would mark any comment they disagree with as spam. Your average Armorgamer (not one who visits the forum) is likely to do that from time to time.

I don't follow HOW did you came up with this? You're thinking of the extremes, Ernie. I really don't think every comment would be liable to flagging, nor would a user go out of his or her way to flag something that would take multiple flags to hide. Something extreme like this could happen, but typically won't.

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 9:39am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,345 posts

Admins and mods have the best insight in this situation, since this already exists with the current flagging system! They would surely see it if someone is 'flagging randomly and excessively' just to "spam his way through the day"! =)

I'm not that concerned, although it IS a little more attractive for potential 'Flag-Spammers' this way... :/

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 12:16pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,963 posts

Knight

[quote=Joe96]f it is marked as spam, it is hidden unless you click to show it.[/quote]
Yes, we've already said before that this is what we're building.

[quote=Ernie15]people would mark any comment they disagree with as spam[/quote]
Well, moderators won't even see something until some quantity of users mark something as spam, but if you flag it because you don't like it and don't want to see it any more, that's your prerogative. I'll mention it to Larry, maybe we do need to build a dislike button as well, if we see this getting abused.

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 7:44pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,408 posts

Knight

I really don't think every comment would be liable to flagging, nor would a user go out of his or her way to flag something that would take multiple flags to hide. Something extreme like this could happen, but typically won't.

It happens on Youtube, I'm pretty sure that it only takes one person to flag a comment there to mark it as spam. AG3 has been considering following many of Youtube's examples, which is why I thought that something like this might be mistakenly implemented in AG3.

Posted Oct 26, '10 at 1:45am

thunderstorm25

thunderstorm25

5 posts

Only entries with more than 25 words should be allowed. Less "cool games"

Reply to [AG3 Q&A] Merits

You must be logged in to post a reply!