ForumsNews and Feedback[AG3 Q&A] Merits

60 13859
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Let's keep all merit-related questions in here, m'kay?

• 60 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The vote up/down system is already planned.

To view "only the highest ranked" we'd need some sort of threshold ... 50 likes? 100 likes? That's not likely something that we'll want to make customizable, so we can cache it to ensure it loads nice and quickly. Perhaps something like the "top 5" or "top 10" so we don't even need a threshold.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I like top 5% or top 10%, depending on how many reviews we may forsee. If the want for reviews is much greater in V3, then we can expect to have a top 10%. If not, then top 5% is fine.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

No, not 5%, 5 total.

R3SU1T0FR3V0LUT10N
R3SU1T0FR3V0LUT10N
36 posts
Nomad

How would I get a merit?.

forro34
forro34
486 posts
Nomad

I have an idea... We could leave everything just as it is, with one comment box, but we mark the "good game" reviews as spam! After the first several times of decreasing karma, users will learn and leave only real review comments!

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

@forro34, no, we really want to have game reviews separate from general comments about the game.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

uh i don't think the whole spam thing is a good idea!!! that is almost a anti-freedom of speech thing!! but i thing it seems that if they do a "karma" system it will be fine, with the way it has be described it seems that marits and even "no piont marits" are not needed, realy. but if they say counted for every very good review or comment and put it like the they do for all the post and stuff on your armor games home page, it would be nice.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

On Yahoo! Buzz, they have it where if it is marked as spam, it is hidden unless you click to show it. Maybe something liike that could be implemented.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

That wouldn't be a good idea, because then people would mark any comment they disagree with as spam. Your average Armorgamer (not one who visits the forum) is likely to do that from time to time.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

That wouldn't be a good idea, because then people would mark any comment they disagree with as spam. Your average Armorgamer (not one who visits the forum) is likely to do that from time to time.

I don't follow HOW did you came up with this? You're thinking of the extremes, Ernie. I really don't think every comment would be liable to flagging, nor would a user go out of his or her way to flag something that would take multiple flags to hide. Something extreme like this could happen, but typically won't.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Admins and mods have the best insight in this situation, since this already exists with the current flagging system! They would surely see it if someone is 'flagging randomly and excessively' just to "spam his way through the day"! =)

I'm not that concerned, although it IS a little more attractive for potential 'Flag-Spammers' this way... :/

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

[quote=Joe96]f it is marked as spam, it is hidden unless you click to show it.[/quote]
Yes, we've already said before that this is what we're building.

[quote=Ernie15]people would mark any comment they disagree with as spam[/quote]
Well, moderators won't even see something until some quantity of users mark something as spam, but if you flag it because you don't like it and don't want to see it any more, that's your prerogative. I'll mention it to Larry, maybe we do need to build a dislike button as well, if we see this getting abused.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I really don't think every comment would be liable to flagging, nor would a user go out of his or her way to flag something that would take multiple flags to hide. Something extreme like this could happen, but typically won't.

It happens on Youtube, I'm pretty sure that it only takes one person to flag a comment there to mark it as spam. AG3 has been considering following many of Youtube's examples, which is why I thought that something like this might be mistakenly implemented in AG3.
thunderstorm25
thunderstorm25
5 posts
Nomad

Only entries with more than 25 words should be allowed. Less "cool games"

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

uh that seems like a high number but if they do a review thingy then people can still "good game" but it will be in a difernat place. but a 25 or so for a review seem like a good idea that will stop people from posting "good game" in the review area. but maybe if it was a 5 words or more in the comment that would work. hmm nice idea though.

Showing 46-60 of 60