ForumsNews and FeedbackReporting Dump

14 4624
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Instead of clogging up moderators' comments, like we have now, could there be one specific place where users can go to to submit all issues? Maybe format it like getsatisfaction where you can check off solved.

I have seen comments on expansion of flag system, but how would that work seeing as it gets sent to admins... and not mods?

• 14 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Going elsewhere on the site to report something may not be as accurate as flagging something when/where it happens (on a news feed, etc) where mods can go take a look at it in its full context, etc.

From an administration point of view, queuing things in that manner will be easier for our mods to manage, than trying to jump around from the queue to searching for what the user's asking to review.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

How will the mods know where to look for it in its full context? or am I misinterpreting and you mean flagging sends a message to the moderators' news feed?

Right now, people post links and a description to what is wrong in the moderators' messenger.

People have lost faith in flagging system ever working, seeing as we've been told they get sent to administrators who subsequently seem to never be on.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

That is true. We still don't know exactly how the items we flag get reported.. Could you care to enlighten us on that?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We'll probably work on a queue system where they'll see a list of everything that's been flagged, the number of times it's been flagged, and a link to where the offending material lives.

To avoid any sort of bullying, we might be able to look at the number of unique users who have flagged something, and if it's greater than a certain level, at least make the offending material invisible to everyone else.

We also need to work on a way to let the mods review something and determine that it's allowable per our policies, but avoid having to deal with the flagged content a second time.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Nice to hear that the flagging system will get a new lease on life. We've been relying on manual reports for quite a while.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Maybe there could be a general submission pool where mods could check problems and get rid of the complaint message when they got it resolved.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Joe96, this is precisely what we'll be building for them. The more users that flag something, the higher in the queue it will be for the mods.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Keep in mind, though, that as soon as you flag something as spam, you won't see it any more.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

That's the thing that worries me. It's nice how the more flags, the more priority it will have, but even one flag will send it to the &quotool". Mods will still have the final say on whether it will be deleted or not, but it shouldn't be up to just one person alone for a comment to be sent; it should be at least 2-3.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

One flag may send it to the pool, but it will be at the very bottom of the list. Then again, we probably won't even let it show up on the tool for moderators until 10+ users have flagged something. No sense boring the mods by sifting through tons of one-flag comments.

In the case of private user-to-user messages, of course, it would only take one flag. That flag system will grant us permission to view the message thread to keep everything in context while we make a decision on how to take action.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I like this idea, I was going to suggest that you assign a moderator(s) to each section, but the pool idea seems much more streamlined.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Maybe if there are enough flags than it can automatically be deleted. But you could only vote once.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I think it should still be filtered through a moderator. People can and will flag-spam.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

You can only vote once, and mods will have final say unless they need an admin to get involved.

Showing 1-14 of 14