ForumsNews, Feedback and SuggestionsDelete "ghost accounts"

66 10009
KnockoutSloth
KnockoutSloth
3,755 posts

I have a suggestion for AG3.0 *dur der durr dur dur dur*

If it is possible (because there are so many of them) could you delte all the ghost accounts, because I saw a ghost account named Sloth and I'd totaly change my name to that if that was implemented into AG3.0 :P.

• 66 Replies
1337Player
1337Player
1,803 posts

I agree. There's a ghost called 1337 and I would like to get that name. If you haven't already figured that out 'cause I mentioned it like three times already.

Graham
Graham
8,352 posts

At 600,000 users, there were 500,000 accounts with less than 5AP.

Please?

KnockoutSloth
KnockoutSloth
3,755 posts

having less then 5 AP is fail...lulz.

cormyn
cormyn
2,930 posts

I'll mention it to the team, but I think we need to keep them for a minimum amount of time in case they come back. Maybe with AG3, we'll send out a notice to everyone and tell them to log back in (or reset their password) to activate their old accounts.

Protofai
Protofai
231 posts

Maybe after 2 weeks without rising above 5 Ap the account would be deleted?

1337Player
1337Player
1,803 posts

Maybe after 2 weeks without rising above 5 Ap the account would be deleted?

That's what people have suggested but the admins seem to have been doing nothing to do fix this.
but I think we need to keep them for a minimum amount of time in case they come back.

What about the people who joined in 2008 and never came back?
*COUGH COUGH THIS PERSON*
jezz
jezz
3,394 posts

That's what people have suggested but the admins seem to have been doing nothing to do fix this.
Cormyn has already stressed enough that the admins are not changing anything on this site, they're saving everything for AG3!
1337Player
1337Player
1,803 posts

Cormyn has already stressed enough that the admins are not changing anything on this site, they're saving everything for AG3!

I know that. It's just that I was stating a fact. D:
um, do u guys actually know any of us?

You're technically not a ghost. So you're not part of the "us". And no we wouldn't 'cause ghosts never respond to comments.
rick073
rick073
2,868 posts

like ppl that make an account and forget about it

mrtim
mrtim
2,903 posts

I can't really see this as a good thing, these ghosts accounts do nothing bad except allow users to spam.

I guess what we could do is to close one's comments automatically if they are inactive for a certain amount of time. They need to log back in and enable the comments if they need to.

cormyn
cormyn
2,930 posts

We talked about it at our meeting, and have *tentatively* come up with this idea:

If you register but don't verify your account, we'll delete your account within, say, 72 hours.
If you register and verify your account, your account will remain active for _______ (some period of time)
If you're inactive for a really long time, *cough*2008*cough*, then maybe we'll just cancel your account too -- this has to be run by Dan though.

Keep the ideas coming.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,326 posts

What would you guys say to also doing a case-by-case deletion?

Let's say someone has a legitimate-enough reason to have one of their accounts deleted. I just can't think of a good reason at the moment. But there was one member a while back that had a really good reason to having his account deleted.

IF you did accept case-by-case, how would it be implemented? Just contacting an admin?

wajor59
wajor59
932 posts

Are banned accounts also considered ghost accounts? If so, they could be eliminated before being transferred. If not, would you consider it for AG3?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,684 posts

That's ambiguous I think. Banned users' accounts seem to not be here anymore, yet they still show up in forums and such. So if they really are deleted, can't a user use that user's account name?

bigjacob
bigjacob
589 posts

Good point guys i think that if someone does have a good enough reason to delete his/her acount they should have it deleted but hey im not a web developer.

Showing 1-15 of 66