Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Delete "ghost accounts"

Thread Locked

Posted Oct 27, '10 at 8:37pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,117 posts

That should be picked up in AG3, since anything from posting a thread to simply updating your About would be tracked and your activity would be refreshed.

I also propose a formal note to the admins saying "I'm gonna be gone for X months" that would give you immunity to inactivation of an account. What if my Alaska/Canada trip was twice as long? I would be in BIG trouble. However long the deadline is for deleting accounts, if they know they are going to be gone longer than that, they should be able to state "Hey, I'm gonna be gone and I would like to save my account".

If no one has already said this idea lol

Posted Oct 27, '10 at 10:16pm

XXAlienGirlXX

XXAlienGirlXX

533 posts

Totally, I should have been Aliengirl but for some reason it was taken...

Posted Oct 28, '10 at 6:07am

Razerules

Razerules

109 posts

I agree with this idea to delete ghost accounts.

Posted Oct 28, '10 at 6:27am

angelos6

angelos6

82 posts

should be good

Posted Oct 28, '10 at 12:03pm

XGoldenKnight

XGoldenKnight

4 posts

wat is a gohst account anyway????????

Posted Oct 28, '10 at 12:05pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,117 posts

A ghost account is basically an account that has been inactive for a really long time. Like, the person hasn't done anything with that account for a very long time.

The accounts are still there, but there may be newcomers who want that account name, even though they are not using it. This is why we are having these sorts of arguments on ghost accounts.

Posted Oct 28, '10 at 1:00pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

For the time being, we'll be keeping all accounts. We'll discuss this more another time.