Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Armor Games v3 Should have a chat system

Thread Locked

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 4:22pm

Graham

Graham

8,359 posts

and the sheer number of users we have online at a time would make a live chat scroll by so fast you wouldn't be able to read it. )

On the old chat (Meebo) it wasn't crowded at all. There were different rooms for different ranks (though everyone who was cool hung out in serfs :b).

But yeah yeah, rather have a ton of other features than one where you can just keep a tab open to a third party site.

I personally have nothing against a chat system. I believe by the time AG is able to implement a live chat system, it will be built on or hosted with an effective platform (differing from Meebo used for the last system) and it will be properly moderated this time. That is definitely not when AG3 is released.

Always seems like you're writing an essay now.

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 4:25pm

1337Player

1337Player

1,806 posts

No, no, no, no. Armor Games isn't a social networking site. I say no tot the idea especially if it's a group chat where everyone can talk to each other in one chat. That would be chaotic. I just think this is a bad idea overall.

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 5:14pm

knight_34

knight_34

14,235 posts

What's your problem? Is Kongregate a social networking site? No. Can't you see where this site is being taken with social interaction?

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 5:16pm

1337Player

1337Player

1,806 posts

What's your problem? Is Kongregate a social networking site? No. Can't you see where this site is being taken with social interaction?

My problem is that there are a lot of social ideas and those are fine, and I would like the 1 on 1 chat. All I'm saying is don't make an official AG chat room.

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 5:22pm

MrPockets

MrPockets

400 posts

MrPockets sees no problem with a chat room, MrPockets would prefer a faster way to talk though

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 5:22pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,646 posts

The only point CountingTime has is that we can all chat to each other simultaneously, in one place. Didn't you already realize that?

D'oh!

...it will be built on or hosted with an effective platform (differing from Meebo used for the last system) and it will be properly moderated this time.

How do you suppose it will be properly moderated? Since low moderation was one of the main causes to the axing of the chat room, how could this be counteracted in the future? More mods? Filters? Snitching?

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 5:25pm

knight_34

knight_34

14,235 posts

How do you suppose it will be properly moderated? Since low moderation was one of the main causes to the axing of the chat room, how could this be counteracted in the future? More mods? Filters? Snitching?

It depends.. That isn't the worry right now though. We will come up with suggestions when they are warranted. Some sort of security is needed aside from the regular moderators. Chat moderators is the usual solution but I am not comfortable with that.

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 6:10pm

XSilentPhantomX

XSilentPhantomX

733 posts

I meant nothing about a live chat room im sorry guys, what i meant by this was that a facebook like feature where you click in the corner, see online peeps and can 1 on 1 chat with them if they want too.... thats what i mean not a gigantic live chat box, i agree that wouldn't work at all.

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 6:19pm

mrtim

mrtim

2,905 posts

I am guessing this 1-1 live chat thing is more similar to a PM? except maybe you can play mini-games on it.

If we going to have a whole chat thing, we need to have it moderated, as is any other things on this site - The games, the forums, users etc are all moderated by people, and the chat needs to be as well.

We used to have a chat system, but it was abused and because it wasn't hosted by AG, we couldn't really do anything about it.

However, I do like this 1-1 chat, either that or PM, but it must somehow be moderated (so maybe one can tell the mods about it).

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 7:02pm

knight_34

knight_34

14,235 posts

. thats what i mean not a gigantic live chat box, i agree that wouldn't work at all.

I disagree with you.

I still support 1 on 1 chat though.