Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Convallaria art and poetry

Posted Oct 4, '10 at 9:36pm

Convallaria

Convallaria

18 posts

Hey everyone! I'm just looking for people to talk with about art, who your favorite artist/poet is, and reviews of a few things I've done. Feel free to post your work too! :)

Posted Oct 4, '10 at 9:39pm

slayguy8

slayguy8

510 posts

oh i like  paul clay for artists (i think thats his name) because i like abstract art

Posted Oct 4, '10 at 9:42pm

Convallaria

Convallaria

18 posts

http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x433/ConvallariaStudios/?action=view&current=Wings.jpg I love van Gogh's work :) This is one of my drawings, done in mechanical pencil

Posted Oct 4, '10 at 9:44pm

Convallaria

Convallaria

18 posts

I couldn't find an abstract artist named Paul Clay

Posted Oct 4, '10 at 11:16pm

KingLemon

KingLemon

584 posts

Honestly i believe the best poet has to, arguably, be Edgar Allan Poe. Though his life was a mess, his poetry is amazing and reflects what he was going through in his life.
as for artists i've never been much into art itself, but i would have to say my favorite artist would be Salvador Dali, just because his art is cool and he is a crazy man haha!

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 12:16am

FallenSky

FallenSky

1,716 posts

Though his life was a mess

*Winks at Charles Bukowski*
I think Baudelaire is a formidable symbolist, but I guess his work wouldn't have as much impact and implicit power when traduced in English.

As for the art, I'm not into it even though I actively practice it, but I think Vermeer is a decent artist. I work more in the field of pencils too Convallaria. If you visit my profile you'll have a link to my art thread if you feel like taking a peek.

For now I can't really say anything about your work since, well...

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 12:37am

Zaork

Zaork

256 posts

*Winks at Charles Bukowski*

*Charles Bukowski attempts to start a fight*

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 1:02am

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,061 posts

Personally I enjoy T.S Eliot. He is a poet I can find my own heart in, and I believe he speaks to human nature directly. He is dark, but he hides it well. Definately the poet I strive to try and reflect. As for artists? I like Da Vinci for all his clever little tricks and hidden imagery.

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 10:14am

FallenSky

FallenSky

1,716 posts

*Charles Bukowski attempts to start a fight*

It's been a while since I had a laugh that good, thanks a lot Zoark.

Charles Bukowski, wasted: ''Hey, let's see if I can break your mug of beer with my colt!''

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 9:42pm

Convallaria

Convallaria

18 posts

I enjoy Robert Frost's poetry. Some of it can get a bit long, but it turns out interesting, and alot of it compels me to think.

Reply to Convallaria art and poetry

You must be logged in to post a reply!